Question [HELP] NO SIGNAL, NO SIGN OF LIFE. Self build RTX 2080 Ti GAMING X TRIO/ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING/ i9-9900K

Oct 31, 2019
Hello

I have searched the net for this problem but i can't find the exact same problem as mine. I found similar problems but still the fixes didn't work for me.

My story:

I builded my own PC, components are:
Asus ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING
Intel Core i9-9900K 3600 1151V2 BOX
MSI 11GB D6 RTX 2080 Ti GAMING X TRIO
DDR4 32GB 3000-15 Vengeance LPX bk K2 COR
FIRST 650W Gold plus and NOW Corsair 850W Gold plus
CORSAIR Cooling Hydro Series H100i Pro
SSD 500GB 2.3/3.4G 970 EVO PLUS M.2

And i also got a new monitor: Asus 24 L VG248QE 3D

I've asambeld everything together.
I tried to boot up my pc with an USB flash drive (windows 10, x64)
nothing happend. (i did this 3 times)

I took out the dp cable and put it on the onboard dp port
Pc booted up perfectly, i installed windows, let the updates install and meanwhile download Nvidea drivers for my GPU, when i tried to install the nvidea driver it gave me the ERROR that the version is not compatible with this windows and there was no GPU hardware for this driver.
Thought i had the wrong driver so i started looking for other versions and kept on getting the same error.
While the pc was turned on i changed the DP port to my GPU and the screen stayed black and gave a 'no signal' message.
I updated my BIOS to the latest version and also installed my monitor drivers (just to be sure).
When i tried to boot up the pc with the DP port in my GPU, it doesn't show anything at all (except 'no signal' message)!
I checked the BIOS when connected to the onboard GPU and saw that on the PCI slots there is no VGA connected on all 3 PCI's.
I took out the GPU, replaced it and tried booting again with no luck. I tried with my HDMI cable, aswell no luck.
I took my GPU out again and put in my old GPU (GTX 970 4GB) and this worked perfectly fine this was with a DVI cable.

I thought it might be because of the 650W that lacked power although it had to be just enough and the leds with fans from the GPU did turn on, but i installed a 850W and plugged it all in again but still no signal with RTX2080 TI on dp port cable. Hardware manager doesnt show any sign of my 2080TI, dxdiag doesn't show anything either, there is no sign of my 2080 TI being connected.
Today i went back to the store where i bought it, they checked it and said the display port didn't work so gave me a new one.
We tested the NEW GPU at their place and it worked perfectly, once home i plugged everything in and i still got the same problem, no signal.

Please help.

operationc4

Reputable
Feb 4, 2019
I'm not an expert, but there are a few things I would check.
  • Are you daisy chaining the power cable for the graphics cards? I'm not entirely sure this is the biggest deal but that 2080ti takes 2x8pins and a 6pin so it's possible that it could overdraw from a single cable.
  • Have you tried DDUing (Display Driver Uninstaller) your drivers? There are always issue that can arise from a corrupted or buggy driver and while uninstalling the drivers via the Windows Uninstaller doesn't get everything and DDU will get everything. (Make sure to follow the instructions.)
  • This is probably unrelated, but have you tried disabling your integrated graphics on your CPU? I know that it can interfere with the GPU sometimes and even prevent booting.

Nov 30, 2019
Hello

I have searched the net for this problem but i can't find the exact same problem as mine. I found similar problems but still the fixes didn't work for me.

My story:

Pc booted up perfectly, i installed windows, let the updates install and meanwhile download Nvidea drivers for my GPU, when i tried to install the nvidea driver it gave me the ERROR that the version is not compatible with this windows and there was no GPU hardware for this driver.
Thought i had the wrong driver so i started looking for other versions and kept on getting the same error.
While the pc was turned on i changed the DP port to my GPU and the screen stayed black and gave a 'no signal' message.
I updated my BIOS to the latest version and also installed my monitor drivers (just to be sure).
When i tried to boot up the pc with the DP port in my GPU, it doesn't show anything at all (except 'no signal' message)!
I checked the BIOS when connected to the onboard GPU and saw that on the PCI slots there is no VGA connected on all 3 PCI's.
I took out the GPU, replaced it and tried booting again with no luck. I tried with my HDMI cable, aswell no luck.
I took my GPU out again and put in my old GPU (GTX 970 4GB) and this worked perfectly fine this was with a DVI cable.

I thought it might be because of the 650W that lacked power although it had to be just enough and the leds with fans from the GPU did turn on, but i installed a 850W and plugged it all in again but still no signal with RTX2080 TI on dp port cable. Hardware manager doesnt show any sign of my 2080TI, dxdiag doesn't show anything either, there is no sign of my 2080 TI being connected.
Today i went back to the store where i bought it, they checked it and said the display port didn't work so gave me a new one.
We tested the NEW GPU at their place and it worked perfectly, once home i plugged everything in and i still got the same problem, no signal.

Please help.
well I use an 850w for mine and keep both it and my monitor plugged into a powerstrip so I'd say your graphic's card is dead mate all evidence points to it being that I'd suggest take it back and get them to replace it with a working one

Nov 30, 2019
Hello

My story:

Please help.
mate change your pc to standard sata some computers shutdown the graphics PCIe's when the M'2 slot's are in use it's likely what has happened