HELP! Noob pc builder in need of advice!

Jul 4, 2018
Hi i've never built a pc before but have a few rough ideas of how stuff comes together, i've put together a shopping list of sorts for a reasonable gaming pc (nothing to fancy).

I have heard that the community on here is very knowledgeable and friendly, and would like some advice as to whether or not the pc build i am looking at will work,

All help is greatly appreciated , please see the list below:

Case: Be Quiet bgw21

CPU: Intel Quad core i5-7600k 3.8GHz Quadcore 6Mb cache

Graphics card: GTX 1070ti ( unsure which version to use as there is so many )

Motherboard: (unsure and need help)

Internal memory: WD 2TB 5400 RPM SATA 6GB/s 64mb cache

SSD: Kingston UV400 240GB

CPU cooler: Be quiet BK019 Dark rock pro

Power supply: Be quiet 750W power supply unit

Not sure if i am missing anything but again all help is greatly appreciated!:D

Solution
Some general advices that may become a headache later:
- When choosing motherboard, make sure that the sata sockets doesn't point straight into HD bay or power supply - i.e. you should to consider the motherboard physical layout for that case.
- Static electrisity is one of your worst enemies when dealing with electronic. You may consider buying an anti static arm wrist too, so you stay at same potential as the case. When touching the motherboard, try always to first touch a common ground point, such as screw holes or metal casing wrapping around the outside sockets.

For specific question about which brand and model of motherboard and gpu, there is just too many out there to point out one - just select one, see if it fits.
Some general advices that may become a headache later:
- When choosing motherboard, make sure that the sata sockets doesn't point straight into HD bay or power supply - i.e. you should to consider the motherboard physical layout for that case.
- Static electrisity is one of your worst enemies when dealing with electronic. You may consider buying an anti static arm wrist too, so you stay at same potential as the case. When touching the motherboard, try always to first touch a common ground point, such as screw holes or metal casing wrapping around the outside sockets.

For specific question about which brand and model of motherboard and gpu, there is just too many out there to point out one - just select one, see if it fits.

Solution

2sidedpolygon

Prominent
Jul 1, 2018
Hey, welcome to the PC community! Firstly, when it comes to part lists, PCPartPicker.com is a great website to put them together on. It has a wide selection of parts from trusted sellers, and an automatic compatibility filter so that everything works right.

In regards to the build you're asking about...

The case: While it is quiet, it's lacking in other aspects and has poor thermals. This video is a good round-up of cases in your price range...

In regards to the CPU, I would highly recommend the Ryzen 5 2600 or 2600X over it.

The GPU is a good choice. When it comes to the model, consider looks, sound, price, and overclock when choosing them. Just go through some reviews on the models and decide what's best for your use case.

As for the motherboard, it really depends on what you need. Do you just want one that works, or one with some extra functionality?

For storage, I'd choose this.

This is a better deal on your SSD

You don't need a CPU cooler, the Ryzen's stock is more than fine

750W PSU is probably a bit overkill. I'd go with this one

Lastly, in response to what Grobe said about static electricity, no, you don't need an arm wrist. Some of the most prominent, well-informed people out there in the tech community build on carpet. If you're really paranoid about it, sure, go ahead, but it's far from necessary.