[SOLVED] Help! Not getting display on my monitor!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

nukesnicks

Commendable
Nov 28, 2018
Hi, i just finished building my computer a little over an hour ago. It boots up well except for one problem. Graphics card wont display any signal... nor will the mobo. I tested my HDMI cables which work fine. Fits in the pcie slot like a glove and has full power. My concern is actually cpu power since my mobo has CPU power 1 and 2 and i only have it plugged into cpu power 1. Is that even a factor? IDK all very strange to me and still dont under stand the problem. Thanks in advance!

Solution
Do you have the monitor plugged into the graphics card? Do you have any additional PCIE power cables installed on the GPU.

Try reinstalling the GPU. Try reseating the RAM sticks. Try using just one RAM stick.

nukesnicks

Commendable
Nov 28, 2018
Hi guys, figured out the problem. My CPU wasn’t being detected by the Mobo and the RAM was seated incorrectly. The ram was supposed to be seated in the 2nd and 4th slot. Also I tapped the CPU with my screw driver twice and it worked so... yeah. Hope you guys have a good day ;)