[SOLVED] Help! Not getting display on my monitor!

nukesnicks

Commendable
Nov 28, 2018
Hi, i just finished building my computer a little over an hour ago. It boots up well except for one problem. Graphics card wont display any signal... nor will the mobo. I tested my HDMI cables which work fine. Fits in the pcie slot like a glove and has full power. My concern is actually cpu power since my mobo has CPU power 1 and 2 and i only have it plugged into cpu power 1. Is that even a factor? IDK all very strange to me and still dont under stand the problem. Thanks in advance!

Solution
Do you have the monitor plugged into the graphics card? Do you have any additional PCIE power cables installed on the GPU.

Try reinstalling the GPU. Try reseating the RAM sticks. Try using just one RAM stick.

nukesnicks

Commendable
Nov 28, 2018

Ryzen 7 1700x
GTX 770 Founders
T-Force Delta 2x4 (8gb)
MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon AC
600 Watt 80+ Bronze From EVGA (Dont know the exact model)
NZXT S340 Razer Edition
EVGA CLC 280mm AIO
Tell me if i left anything out :/

nukesnicks

Commendable
Nov 28, 2018

Yeah 8 figured i should plug on the 8 pins. Skimming through the manual right now for the mobo. Im really not seing any results either.

nukesnicks

Commendable
Nov 28, 2018

<mod edit>... only have 8 pin... is it needed or just for extreme ocing

Last edited by a moderator:

nukesnicks

Commendable
Nov 28, 2018

K thx

nukesnicks

Commendable
Nov 28, 2018
Watched a video and said that 4 pin is not required (thank god) but i still need to find out ehy im not getting any signal. Could stand off screws have anything to do with it?

As long as the 8-pin CPU power connector is populated it should be OK for normal use. From what I've read the additional 4-pin is for overclocking, but that isn't specific to this motherboard.

If it boots up with just an 8-pin CPU power cable, that is probably the best evidence. But I would consider a higher watt power supply.

nukesnicks

Commendable
Nov 28, 2018

Called nvidia and they recommended 600 watt power supply so odd that this is happening. Im really disappointed since i could have been able to play with this awesome toy today but alas i cannot

If you didn't install the motherboard standoffs, then definitely do that ASAP. Any thing that can short the motherboard to the case can be a problem with boot up.

nukesnicks

Commendable
Nov 28, 2018

I mean i installed 4 mobo stand off and everything turns on... just no video :(((

This motherboard may require both CPU power cables to be connected to boot up. It may be that the system is booted up with no display, or it could simply be that the system isn't booted up. The 24-pin may be enough power for the LEDs and fans but not enough to power the CPU (without both CPU power cables).

nukesnicks

Commendable
Nov 28, 2018

Ok im gonna see if its a monitor issue first then assume the worst. Thank you so much. Youve been a wonderful help to me today.

nukesnicks

Commendable
Nov 28, 2018

Sadly dont have case speaker :/