HELP! Nothing displayed on my screen!

ehanger

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2008
I just finished replacing my stock intel heat sync with the coolermaster V8 on my core i7 system which required me to take the whole thing apart. I am on the ASUS P6T motherboard with 3GB of corsair DDR3 Memory. Before anyone asks I double and triple checked all power cables including the 4-pin CPU and graphics 6-pin connectors. The graphics card is an XFX 8800GT alpha dog edition. When I go to turn the computer on all the fans/lights including the lights on the motherboard come on except for the lights on my backlit keyboard and the mouse. Could it be that my CPU somehow got F'ed up while I was installing the new heatsink? I dont know what could be the issue I tried everything I knew to fix it and nothing worked so I have come here for help from you guys and would really appreciate it if I could get this thing working.

ehanger

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2008
OK yeah the most annoying/difficult part for me was installing the backplate which might be pressing against the back of the case. The motherboard light is still on but could it be shorted anyway?

If the motherboard allows the system to turn on and displays LED's does that mean it is not fried?