Help NVIDEA GeForce FX900XT

I have just changed my graphic card to a128Meg FX 5900XT and my machine keeps locking up when I am surfing and looking at different web sites. Anyone got any ideas? It never did it before when I had my old ATI card in.

My basic machine spec is:

Power Supply - 400W
CPU - AMD Athlon 3000+
RAM - 1gig 333
Operating Systtem - Windows XP Pro

Thanks
Duncan

patch

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2001

"Web Child" <duncan@duncanberry.com> wrote in message
> I have just changed my graphic card to a128Meg FX 5900XT and my machine
keeps locking up when I am surfing and looking at different web sites.
Anyone got any ideas? It never did it before when I had my old ATI card in.

> My basic machine spec is:
>
> Power Supply - 400W
> CPU - AMD Athlon 3000+
> RAM - 1gig 333
> Operating Systtem - Windows XP Pro
>
> Thanks
> Duncan

What version of video drivers are you using?

On Mon, 12 Jul 2004 16:49:28 +0100, "Web Child"
<duncan@duncanberry.com> wrote:

>I have just changed my graphic card to a128Meg FX 5900XT and my machine keeps locking up when I am surfing and looking at different web sites. Anyone got any ideas? It never did it before when I had my old ATI card in.
>
>My basic machine spec is:
>
>Power Supply - 400W
>CPU - AMD Athlon 3000+
>RAM - 1gig 333
>Operating Systtem - Windows XP Pro
>
>Thanks
>Duncan

Did you use the Ati driver removal tools and revert to vanilla VGA
mode BEFORE removing your Ati board ?

John Lewis

>I have just changed my graphic card to a128Meg FX 5900XT and my machine keeps
>locking up when I am surfing and looking at different web sites. Anyone got
>any ideas? It never did it before when I had my old ATI card in.
>
>My basic machine spec is:
>
>Power Supply - 400W
>CPU - AMD Athlon 3000+
>RAM - 1gig 333
>Operating Systtem - Windows XP Pro
>
>Thanks
>Duncan

Use drivercleaner 3 and the latest starstorm XQ drivers...worked for me.

The ONLY nvidia driver I got to work trouble free with my MSI fx5900xt was the
53.03.

and...you DO have the extra power plugged into the board...don't you?

Ski
"The only way to find out how far is too far...
is to go there"
(remove spleen to e-mail)