Question Help OC Ryzen 7 2700X

OzN3

Reputable
Aug 19, 2019
Hello, i would like to overclock my cpu to 4.2ghz but I don’t have much experience on this platform.
My hardware is:
Asus Strix Helios
Asus Strix B450-E
AMD Ryzen 7 2700X cooled By Asus Strix LC 360

Can someone help me?
I tried changing the following settings:

Ai Overclock Tuner = Manual
BCLK Frequency = 100.0000
Cpu Core Ratio 42.00
Core Performance Boost = Disabled
CPU Core Voltage = Offset Mode
CPU Offset Mode Sign = +
CPU Core Voltage Offset = 0.156 actually
CPU LLC = Regular
Global C-State Control = Enabled

I haven't changed any other setting other than these ( except RAM frequency/timing/voltage ).
I can get stable using cinebench R20 launched many times in sequence, using 3dmarks and playing some games. When I stop playing or benching with 3dmark ( and therefore slightly higher starting temperatures ) and i go launch cinebench r20, a few seconds and the pc is crashing.
I also noticed that when the cpu is in idle, the voltage does not drop, but only the frequency.
Can someone help me?
Thank you!

Last edited:

OzN3

Reputable
Aug 19, 2019
What about idle voltage? Do you always have it on full? If i leave default settings, in idle the voltage drop to 0.800v but when i overclock the cpu it doesn't drop down.
Any idea?

My voltage stays the same and is still lower then if you leave it to auto with pbo and xfr2 enabled where it's in the 1.4? to the 1.5? range.
How does yours act when you have it at 4.2 ghz at the current voltage Does it crash?
Ya my 2600x boost's the 4.2 turbo but the best it runs in manual Oc is 4.1to 4.125ghz.
You may be trying for something you may never be able to obtain (that is voltage cut back more or less) on idle.
and as CountMike has said the higher LLC allows the voltages to be ran lower.
From reading on the Rog strix x470 forum LLC 2 is amlost normal or equal to 0.
The Current Capabilities in the Digi Power settings is a big help at the 140% and is in most guides to have it there for Ocing..

Reactions: DMAN999