Question Help on budget upgrades ideas plz and Ty!

Mar 23, 2022
Hello everyone,

first time posting so bare with me if I’m missing any important info. I play Diablo 2 resurrected and CSGO and was hoping for some insight on what I should focus on upgrading first as I find my pc a bit slow even on low settings in D2R. Keep in mind I’m not hoping for a perfect gaming experience, just somewhat smoother graphics/load times. Here are my specs ( please be kind as I’m new to pc gaming lol):

Processor: AMD Ryzen 3 3200g
Memory: 8GB DDR4 3200mhz
Storage: 240GB SSD + 1TB HDD
Graphics: AMD Radeon Vega 8

If I could get a list from what should be upgraded first to last, that would help so much. Thank you again for taking the time.

Mar 23, 2022
As you are using the IGP, of that APU, I would say a graphics card is going to give you the most gaming performance boost. What is the make/model of your PSU? What is the budget, for upgrades?

hi. Unfortunately some of these abbreviations are foreign to me, what is PSU? And budget wise I’d say 2-300$ for a gpu specifically.

Reactions: artk2219

mwadlin

Distinguished
May 28, 2008
hi. Unfortunately some of these abbreviations are foreign to me, what is PSU? And budget wise I’d say 2-300$ for a gpu specifically.
IGP is Integrated Graphics Processor, and APU is a CPU that has an IGP. I have purchases on NewEgg listed going back to 2013. I don't know why you wouldn't. Maybe looking in the wrong place? Try clicking on your name in the upper right, and under My Account choose Order History.

Hello everyone,

first time posting so bare with me if I’m missing any important info. I play Diablo 2 resurrected and CSGO and was hoping for some insight on what I should focus on upgrading first as I find my pc a bit slow even on low settings in D2R. Keep in mind I’m not hoping for a perfect gaming experience, just somewhat smoother graphics/load times. Here are my specs ( please be kind as I’m new to pc gaming lol):

Processor: AMD Ryzen 3 3200g
Memory: 8GB DDR4 3200mhz
Storage: 240GB SSD + 1TB HDD
Graphics: AMD Radeon Vega 8

If I could get a list from what should be upgraded first to last, that would help so much. Thank you again for taking the time.
Start cheap.

Get the proper bios and drivers....free.
Stop unneeded background stuff....free.

Run this and post a LINK to the results page.
UBM

Mar 23, 2022
IGP is Integrated Graphics Processor, and APU is a CPU that has an IGP. I have purchases on NewEgg listed going back to 2013. I don't know why you wouldn't. Maybe looking in the wrong place? Try clicking on your name in the upper right, and under My Account choose Order History.

yes but it shows you only the info I’ve provided up above in terms of specs. Doesn’t dive any deeper and there’s no link to share I can only screen shot it and put up the photo again of the specs I’ve already gave up above. I’m going to go home tonight open it up and find out what the power supply is exactly if that’s what is really needed to be known right now. Again I appreciate everyone’s input here

artk2219

Distinguished
yes but it shows you only the info I’ve provided up above in terms of specs. Doesn’t dive any deeper and there’s no link to share I can only screen shot it and put up the photo again of the specs I’ve already gave up above. I’m going to go home tonight open it up and find out what the power supply is exactly if that’s what is really needed to be known right now. Again I appreciate everyone’s input here

Just let us know, otherwise you could get a graphics card that doesn't require a PCIE power connector, this currently limits you to some GTX 1650 models if you have the space in your case for one as most are dual slot designs. Otherwise as mentioned by Bob.B there are some things you can do that wont cost you anything before you start going down the upgrade path. If you want to see what parts you have installed minus the power supply and case, you can install HWmonitor and it should tell you so long as the parts are in its database. As for the order of things, I would probably start with upgrading to 16GB RAM. You can do this either by adding more memory, or replacing the sticks that you currently have with new ones, this will depend on if you have two or four ram slots and if theyre fully populated or not. Since this is an AM4 build you want at least two memory sticks of DDR4 2800 or faster totalling 16GB or more, this is also pretty cheap in the grand scheme of things. Next I would upgrade the GPU, and thats going to depend upon your power supply and whats available around you. Keep in mind you may want to upgrade the power supply prior to this as your prebuilt computer may not come with a great unit. So long as youre installing all of your games on that 1TB HDD you should be good for space for a little bit. Finally if you've followed Bob.B's advice and updated your Bios and drivers, you should upgrade that CPU. The A320 chipset lets you use up to the Ryzen 3000 series (Potentially 5000 series in the future depending on your motherboard model and the manufacturer), but you should check your manufacturers web page for your motherboard to see what CPU's are supported. If you want you can post a link of your parts from HWmonitor using imgur or any other image service, you just need to take a screen shot and you should just be able to paste it to imgur or whoever to create a link.

https://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html

View: https://imgur.com/a/ml2vRb2

Work Compy 👆

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
Yikes, that PSU is old enough to actually have a voltage switch. It's a positively archaic design as this is one that Rosewill stuffs into inexpensive cases that come with PSUs. I would not recommend using any GPU that requires supplementary power with this PSU.

Mar 23, 2022
Yikes, that PSU is old enough to actually have a voltage switch. It's a positively archaic design as this is one that Rosewill stuffs into inexpensive cases that come with PSUs. I would not recommend using any GPU that requires supplementary power with this PSU.

ok understood . Your guys are amazing I’m glad I found this site!