Help on buying RAM

mrfi5

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2011
Hi guys...I have a GA H55M-D2H motherboard.I currently have 4GB(2X2gb) of memory installed.Now I am planning to upgrade the ram from 4gb to 8gb(single stick-corsair vengeance).but some guys having this motherboard are having problems installing 8gb(single stick) of ram on a single slot(they say that they encounter a blue screen and the computer never starts).some forums say that,my motherboard supports 8gb of ram(2X4gb)but some say that it supports 16gb of ram(2X8gb).(I am really planning to install 8gb on a single slot which i am going to buy and another 2gb on another slot).
So the question is,
1.can i install 8gb(single stick) on one slot?
2.How much memory does my motherboard support?
I am stuck here guys.so pls help me out.

P.S:I have win 8.1(64 bit) installed in my computer.and sorry for my bad english.

Solution
1.can i install 8gb(single stick) on one slot? Yes ......but speed is decreased as it will run in single channel mode , 2 matching modules will run in dual channel mode = better performance
2.How much memory does my motherboard support? ..........16 gigs

Dark Lord of Tech

Retired Moderator
1.can i install 8gb(single stick) on one slot? Yes ......but speed is decreased as it will run in single channel mode , 2 matching modules will run in dual channel mode = better performance
2.How much memory does my motherboard support? ..........16 gigs

Solution

mrfi5

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2011

So i can go for 8gb(single stick) of ram without any worries???I can install 8gb on one slot and 2gb on another slot,right???