help on buying the right SSD

papercut03

Honorable
Jun 11, 2013
Hi! I have a budget of 50$ for an SSD. I know it is not much (im broke) but what is the fastest SSD that I can buy for that price? the size does not matter since I have a 500GB hdd. I am just planning to use the SSD for few games. thank you in advance!

ram1009

Distinguished
Don't waste your money. Anything less than 120GB is useless. Speed is not the criteria to make a purchase decisions. You will only notice an increase in speed on boot and program launch. After a few days/weeks you won't even notice that. Reliability is far more important. Look at Crucial, Samsung & Intel.

JPNpower

Honorable
Jun 7, 2013
You could look into 64GB versions of Crucial and Samsung (models are m4 and 840). Use to install OS and maybe programs. You are going to need extreme organization though. Remember too, the more the SSD is filled up, the slower it tends to become. For now your only option is ADATA premiere pro @ 49.99 @ 32GB. That is incredibly hard to use. If you're up to it though, nobody's gonna stop you.

If you use Intel's newer CPUs you may be able to use caching. Tell me your mobo model for more info