[SOLVED] Help on combo build

weehamish

Distinguished
Jun 21, 2009
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 Six Core 4.2GHz, Asus ROG Strix B450-F Motherboard CPU Bundle 16gb 3000mhz £355

or

AMD Ryzen 7 2700 Eight Core 4.1GHz, Asus B450M-A Motherboard CPU Bundle 16gb 3200mhz £370

My motherboard just died and im looking for a cheap upgrade... was an i5 3570k so these should be massive upgrades. Any help would be nice the more money i can save the better as ill be dropping 2k on a new build soon anyway just need this pc back up and running asap.

Solution
Would not just use that as replacement,but as part of the new 2K build. So look at it that way. For just to get the pc running get a replacement motherboard with the i5 and reactivate windows with that one.

Personally would i look at the Ryzen 3600 if gaming is what you do mostly with the pc. Make sure you get a motherboard with it that already supports this cpu like the MSI "MAX" motherboards or a X570 motherboard.

Ralston18

Titan
What other components will be installed?

Remember to consider overall power requirements.

What PSU will you be using: make, model, wattage?

I would look for "future proofing" with respect to the chosen combo. Not sure which combo bundle would meet your requirements in that respect.

Especially if you are planning a new build once the money is saved up.

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
Would not just use that as replacement,but as part of the new 2K build. So look at it that way. For just to get the pc running get a replacement motherboard with the i5 and reactivate windows with that one.

Personally would i look at the Ryzen 3600 if gaming is what you do mostly with the pc. Make sure you get a motherboard with it that already supports this cpu like the MSI "MAX" motherboards or a X570 motherboard.

Solution

weehamish

Distinguished
Jun 21, 2009
Basically i want 2 pcs as this rebuild will be given to my son. Who will probs only be playing fortnite most of the time. I will build a new mega pc for myself after.

The rest of the pc will be a 970 and i have a 750w corsair psu.

This pc will be left to rot once its back alive. Ill be playing totalwar warhammer 2 and a few other decent games until i hand it to my son.

Anything that provides a decent boost over the i5 3570k setup beforehand will be nice.

Not sure how the 2 boards above compare but i got another quote similar with the 3600 using the 2700 board for 359 is the rog worth going for for less? This other company i trust but if its a big difference ill just get the above.

Not use to amd setups never had one for like 15 years... my next build will be a top of the range i7 but im trying to hold off until next year.

Any help would be good i want the pc back up by next week. Cheers again.

weehamish

Distinguished
Jun 21, 2009
Ps ive tried my best to look for a replacement mobo and setup thats there currently but theres nothing and ebay want 150 quid for motherboard i currently have. Id rather pay 360 quid for a step up since i think the current setup actually bottle necks the 970

weehamish

Distinguished
Jun 21, 2009
Yeah it has to work lol but ive found a better combo worse mobo but a 3600x with 2 free games 16gb 3000mhz ram 366. Doubt i need the better mobo since i wont be overclocking and the better cpu and games are more value borderlands 3 is still 50 quid for pc...

weehamish

Distinguished
Jun 21, 2009
Its the Asus PRIME B450M-A so not a brilliant board but id prefer a better cpu than a board for a tiny bit more and i get 2 free games so im going for this. I maybe get a new card on black friday too see how low the 1660tis drop then this pc could actually last a while tbh

TRENDING THREADS