[SOLVED] Help on Laptop turning on/off several times before successful startup

Aug 6, 2020
Hi,

My laptop is a HP ENVY x360 - 13-ag0014au running widows 10 64 bit.

I looked into the threads regarding laptops turning on then off immediately but none seem to share my problem.

After hitting the power button, the laptop would at first start the fan and light up the keyboard, then would stop immediately in less than three seconds. This would happen repeatedly about 5 times before booting up successfully.

Some other details below:

- This also only happens when the laptop has been turned off for a while.

-Immediately restarting or turning off the PC after successful startup and waiting for just a few minutes and starting up again would allow the Laptop to startup normally.

-Laptop starts the fans and lights the keyboard severally before successfully booting up.

Solution
I would ask you to see if you have any BIOS updates pending. To do so, you might want to use CPU-Z and see which BIOS version you're currently on and cross reference it with HP's support page for your laptop. You might also want to see which version of Windows 10 you're currently on. We're currently on 2004.

You could disassemble the laptop and then disconnect the battery(while disconnected from the wall) from the board and press the power button to discharge all power from the laptop.

Lutfij

Titan
I would ask you to see if you have any BIOS updates pending. To do so, you might want to use CPU-Z and see which BIOS version you're currently on and cross reference it with HP's support page for your laptop. You might also want to see which version of Windows 10 you're currently on. We're currently on 2004.

You could disassemble the laptop and then disconnect the battery(while disconnected from the wall) from the board and press the power button to discharge all power from the laptop.

Solution