Help on upgrading my PC

Odhran

Commendable
Mar 16, 2016
so i bought my pc a few years ago, its a preassembled one from pc world the specs are Operating system: Genuine Windows 8.1 or Windows 10 (Please indicate which you require at checkout)
Processor - AMD A4-5000 (1.5 GHz, 2MB cache) - Quad-core
Storage: 1TB HDD, 7200 rpm
Memory: 6 GB DDR3
Integrated Graphics card: GeForce GT620 1GB Memory - HDMI & DVI Output
Motherboard: AMD Custom Packard Bell it has done me well for the time ive had it but it cant run any new games so what parts would you advise upgrading, i only have a small amount of money not enough to buy a new pc enough to afford 1 or two parts, also the case is very small( just over the size of an xbox)

You seem to have a special problem here in the the A4-5000 is a Socket FT3 or BGA-769 processor. It appears that these CPU's are soldered to the motherboard and cannot be replaced in any reasonable fashion. The only upgrade I can see is to add a discreet video card which would be very good for gaming performance. The problem is that I cannot tell what GPU slots you have on the motherboard so it is difficult to suggest a video card. Also, you case appears to be very small so determining if a card will fit is a big question too. If you can provide a model number of the computer it might help or information on the motherboard slots.

Odhran

Commendable
Mar 16, 2016

serial number is
DTU7ZEK00833700F191800

also would it be worth buying a new case and graphics card and putting the apu in the new case until ican afford a new motherboard and cpu

Unfortunately I wanted the model number and not the serial number. Some information that I can use to try and determine the system specifications.

Right now it is hard to say about moving the motherboard, some manufacturers use their own mounting hole system, especially when it is a small case.

TRENDING THREADS