Help on upgrading on my things!

xxamithyxx.25

Commendable
Jan 2, 2018
Hello guys! I'm quite new to the system upgrading/building PC's and I would like a extra opinion of what should I do. I'm going to buy this Pre-Built system and upgrade it later on when I have more money, The System Specs are:

Motherboard: H55H-M (V1.0/1.1)
CPU: Intel Core-i3 (550) 3.20 GHz (2cores/4threads)
GPU: Nvidia Gtx 560 1gb 256bit DDR5
PSU: Not sure what the brand is but it has 450w of power
HDD: 320gb.
and a ram of 4gb

So my 1st plan is to somehow maximize the specs of the current PC. Upgrade the memory to 8gb but I'm not sure if high frequency memories (1600MHz or Higher) can be supported by the motherboard and I'm not fond in overclocking things. Then I'll change the PSU to Corsair VS Series VS650 with 650w or EVGA 650 GD 80+ Gold 650W Power Supply then change my CPU to Intel® Core™ i5-760 just to have a bit of power in there. I haven't thought much on the GPU cuz there's so many out there but I'm thinking to buy Radeon RX 550 2GB GDDR5. But If you guys have a better suggestion let me know. Also 1TB WD Blue HDD

My second plan is to buy a new motherboard and optimize my upgrades on that but still I'm new to this upgrading stuff and I have a little knowledge to what to buy for the motherboard so if you guys have some recommended motherboards please let me know. I'm not gonna play some super high end games like Uncharted 4 or Tomb Raider or something like that. The main game that I would be playing is GTA V and Overwatch.

mazboy

Commendable
Dec 28, 2017
what you have there is a starter system that you use while you're saving your money for a new computer. There is no upgrade path with that thing. And if it's a commercial pre-built--Dell, HP, Asus, whatever--it is quite possible that standard components--motherboards, PSUs, etc--won't fit in it.

xxamithyxx.25

Commendable
Jan 2, 2018

Ohh right! I forgot that you need specific LGA sockets for different motherboards. Thanks for that. Do you have any recommendation for the GPU?

xxamithyxx.25

Commendable
Jan 2, 2018

But can I at least add the memory and the GPU of this PC? Just to have a smoother experience. If it is possible to replace the GPU, what would you recommend?

xxamithyxx.25

Commendable
Jan 2, 2018

The GPU for this mobo. :wahoo: