Help or advice needed

j.martymarty96

Prominent
Jan 25, 2018
Recently my pc started freezing up out of nowhere. I can't do anything anymore after the freeze. I had this pc for over a year now. Built it myself. Now i can't even start up windows anymore. It freezes up before windows started. My setup is:

MSI Z170A gaming M7 motherboard
MSi gtx 1080 8G GPU
Corsair RM 850X PSU
Corsair H115I CPU cooling
Intel core i7 6700K
Samsung 850 EVO SSD
Corsair vengeance lpx ddr4 16GB ram

I really don't know what to do anymore.
I recently did a driver update through MSI live update 6, that could be a reason it keeps crashing or something else

Solution
OS? Windows 10?

Can you get into BIOS? If so make sure you're on the latest BIOS revision. It's always a good idea to install the drivers(if they are the latest) manually provided you've located them on your own instead of a suggestion. Often times software automated driver updates can and will lead to issues like you've stated.

Lutfij

Titan
OS? Windows 10?

Can you get into BIOS? If so make sure you're on the latest BIOS revision. It's always a good idea to install the drivers(if they are the latest) manually provided you've located them on your own instead of a suggestion. Often times software automated driver updates can and will lead to issues like you've stated.

Solution

j.martymarty96

Prominent
Jan 25, 2018

Yes it's windows 10... i can enter my bios luckily. So i will try to instal latest drivers through a flashdrive