Help overclocking an E2180

nutmaniv

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2008
I bought an E2180 with the hope of overclocking it. Nothing crazy, just from 2.00 to 2.60. This is my first time ever attempting overclocking so of course I tried reading some guides and such on how to do it. I'm really confused to say the least. I just don't get what I need to change in the bios, or how to lock the memory so it isn't affected by ocing the cpu. If someone could just tell me what I need to do to get it to 2.60 that would be great. Once again, I'm not just being lazy I really did try to figure it out on my own. :(

Also, I read on Toms hardware that you can get the e2180 to 3.00ghz using the fan that comes with the CPU. So I'm hoping that, at least for right now, I can get by with that and maybe get an aftermarket cpu fan down the road. What do you guys think?

Here's my specs if those will help. I included the case so you can have a general idea of the kind of airflow I have.

CPU: E2180
Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-EP35-DS3L
Memory: Kingston 2x1GB DDR2 800
Case/PSU: Antec NSK 4480 with built in 380W PSU. (Its supposed to be a good PSU despite it being 380w)
Video card: EVGA Geforce 9600GT.

Hopefully someone can help me out. Thanks in advance.