[SOLVED] Help overclocking ram (Crucial 8g ddr4 1.35v CL19)?

el_shekoo7

Reputable
Apr 25, 2019
this is my first overclocking attempt so completely noob here.
specs:
Ryzen 5 1600af 3.2 (stock/not-overclocked)
MB B450 MSI Tomahawk Max
Crucial 8g ddr4 2666 (shows no XMP supported in MB bios/cheap green model/nothing fancy)
RX 570 4g
I just bought this ryzen bundle, I know it's caple of overclocking but i'm worried about frying it.
I'm don't use any additional coolers too ( cheap tower with 2 big fans and 1 small ).
the motherboard has (Try it!) option to overclock it but i don't know how to use it.
I just want it to hit maybe a 3000, would it be safe? parts are really expensive where I live so no risks here.

Thanks in advance

Solution
It’s was pretty stable, I didn’t get any errors during regular usage. Maybe trying a 3d stress test would show how stable it’s? How long do you think I should run it to make sure it safe?
Ryzen master test was 1 minute ( cpu temp was 63 at the end but didn’t show much info regarding ram as I recall )

so you’re saying I should change from bios instead ( only speed & cl like in ryzen master) ?
It's more permanent if done in BIOS and you can run memory check. with windows med with https://www.memtest86.com/download.htm
this is my first overclocking attempt so completely noob here.
specs:
Ryzen 5 1600af 3.2 (stock/not-overclocked)
MB B450 MSI Tomahawk Max
Crucial 8g ddr4 2666 (shows no XMP supported in MB bios/cheap green model/nothing fancy)
RX 570 4g
I just bought this ryzen bundle, I know it's caple of overclocking but i'm worried about frying it.
I'm don't use any additional coolers too ( cheap tower with 2 big fans and 1 small ).
the motherboard has (Try it!) option to overclock it but i don't know how to use it.
I just want it to hit maybe a 3000, would it be safe? parts are really expensive where I live so no risks here.

Thanks in advance
You could try using this guide https://www.techpowerup.com/download/ryzen-dram-calculator/ I just doubt that that memory is good enough to OC, otherwise they would sell it as faster and for more money.

Reactions: el_shekoo7

el_shekoo7

Reputable
Apr 25, 2019
You could try using this guide https://www.techpowerup.com/download/ryzen-dram-calculator/ I just doubt that that memory is good enough to OC, otherwise they would sell it as faster and for more money.
I tried Ryzen master, managed to make it 1500(3000) and cl 16 (left the voltage as it is) then run its test and it says succeed.
should I keep the ryzen mastrer profile? is it better/safer to use bios "try it!" option? or it doesn't even worth it?

I tried Ryzen master, managed to make it 1500(3000) and cl 16 (left the voltage as it is) then run its test and it says succeed.
should I keep the ryzen mastrer profile? is it better/safer to use bios "try it!" option? or it doesn't even worth it?
Good job getting that far, specially lower Cl, that helps Ryzen quite a bit. Sure it's safe but how much all that helps only you can say. "Try it" is more of compatibility feature.

Reactions: el_shekoo7

el_shekoo7

Reputable
Apr 25, 2019
Good job getting that far, specially lower Cl, that helps Ryzen quite a bit. Sure it's safe but how much all that helps only you can say. "Try it" is more of compatibility feature.
It’s was pretty stable, I didn’t get any errors during regular usage. Maybe trying a 3d stress test would show how stable it’s? How long do you think I should run it to make sure it safe?
Ryzen master test was 1 minute ( cpu temp was 63 at the end but didn’t show much info regarding ram as I recall )

so you’re saying I should change from bios instead ( only speed & cl like in ryzen master) ?

It's more permanent if done in BIOS and you can run memory check. with windows med with https://www.memtest86.com/download.htm

Solution