Help! Overclockng amd fx-6300 gone wrong

chris_262

Commendable
Jul 13, 2016
I wanted to overclock my amd fx-6300 on a asus m5a97 r2.0 motherboard using this video as a guide https://youtu.be/gb1QDpRnOvw
Once I messed around in the bios like in the video I restarted my PC and I started getting errors "please note that I am running windows 10" with data corrupted so I turned it off turned it on again now I'm just stuck looking at a screen that says "preparing automatic repair" I took the battery out to reset anything I did in the bios I don't know what to do I even tried a different hard-drive but the same thing happens I get stuck on "preparing automatic repair " when i restart it, it doesn't even send signal to the monitor, i know its not my gpu because i took it out and used my other gpu and the same thing happened and i get error 0xc0000428.

Sorry for my bad grammar
Specs
Amd fx-6300 -heatsink hyper 212 ego
m5a97 r2.0 motherboard
Gtx 970 (Evga)
Gt 630
600w psu
2 tb hard-drive
1tb hard-drive
8gb of ddr3 ram

Solution
It sounds to me like your settings werent stable and its failing to boot because of it. Try clearing your CMOS and see if it will boot fine under stock settings. TO do this there is usually two small pins on the motherboard somewhere with CMOS written by it, and a small jumper that would go on it to erase the data. Theres also a battery you can remove if thats not an option. Try googling how to clear cmos and see if that fixes things. When my settings werent stable alot of times it would bring my to the system repair screen after bios too.

Hatekraze

Commendable
Jun 23, 2016
It sounds to me like your settings werent stable and its failing to boot because of it. Try clearing your CMOS and see if it will boot fine under stock settings. TO do this there is usually two small pins on the motherboard somewhere with CMOS written by it, and a small jumper that would go on it to erase the data. Theres also a battery you can remove if thats not an option. Try googling how to clear cmos and see if that fixes things. When my settings werent stable alot of times it would bring my to the system repair screen after bios too.

Solution