[SOLVED] *HELP* PC freezes/crashes seconds into startup, can't get past

Feb 13, 2019
Hi, this is my first post as I have made an account just to hopefully get some help so sorry if this is in the wrong forum or whatever.

I've had this desktop PC for maybe a bit over 3 and a half years now and apart from a similar problem a year ago (monitor couldn't pick up PC and display, had to replace mobo, cpu, gpu, ram) it's been working fine up until now. I was doing nothing unusual the other day when randomly it just crashes and restarts by itself. I've been trying all afternoon basically to fix it somehow, must have restarted over 30 times or so. Most of the time it freezes during the Windows 10 boot with the logo and circle animation thing, and when I try to go into bios or the repair screen with the troubleshooting options it freezes shortly after as well. One time I managed to log in and got to the desktop, but everything was very slow so I tried to open task manager to see if all my ram was working but when I pressed ctrl+alt+delete it froze again.

Sometimes the PC just powers off and restarts most likely to freeze at startup, others it just freezes there.

I've tried going into command prompt from the windows repair screen following a youtube video to try and fix it, but it even if it didn't freeze so quickly, it says 'not enough memory resources are available to process this command' underneath the windows version number, and when I tried typed dir for the c drive it said file not found.
I've tried going into safe mode, and even rebooting the whole thing just keeping my personal files but when the computer restarted and started rebooting the whole system it just froze again and I'm pretty sure it didn't go through with it.

Right now I'm setting up windows 10 on a USB to try and boot from that but I haven't got my hopes up so while it downloads I figured I'd post here.

tldr; Stuck in bootloop or constant freezing during startup, at absolute best can only get to desktop before it freezes when I try to do anything.
If anyone could help I'd be really fucking thankful. Thanks.

Edit: I don't know if my specs really would be of any use but:
Nvidia Geforce GTX 1060 6GB
Intel Core i5 8400 6 core
HyperX 2X4 RAM, HyperX 2x8 RAM
Gigabyte mobo, not sure what sorry

Last edited:
Solution
Try minimising what might be causing an issue, if your MOBO supports intergrated graphics i.e. has a HDMI port on it remove the 1060, remove all but 1 stick of RAM ideally an 8gb stick and leave it in slot A1 and try booting. If that stick doesn't work in A1 try B1 then A2 then B2 and so testing all RAM sticks, if none of them work its probably the MOBO, if the first one works and there is no crashing try putting in the matching stick and if that boots try uninstalling the 1060 drivers completely (use DDU) and then reinstall it.

menlui

Respectable
Jul 18, 2018
Try minimising what might be causing an issue, if your MOBO supports intergrated graphics i.e. has a HDMI port on it remove the 1060, remove all but 1 stick of RAM ideally an 8gb stick and leave it in slot A1 and try booting. If that stick doesn't work in A1 try B1 then A2 then B2 and so testing all RAM sticks, if none of them work its probably the MOBO, if the first one works and there is no crashing try putting in the matching stick and if that boots try uninstalling the 1060 drivers completely (use DDU) and then reinstall it.

Solution