Question help pc freezing and audio cuts voilently and accessories lose power pc locks up

swisso

Prominent
Oct 15, 2017
Hi there I built my gaming pc in March a weeks later I was playing the Witcher left it on came back in after an hour to find the display saying no display and the pc still on me and my friend were confused we unplugged the cords back in and out we’re outta ideas until we took out the memory but my friend didn’t ground himself I did so we put it back in a woolah it worked now skip a month in I wanna splaying rainbow six and the display froze audio cut violently accessories lost power and pc locked up but reamined powered on so I hard reset it.But it powered on no display not power on accessories and it took me to hold the power button for a min for it to work again it did and I started up my pc again i got to the display froze again multiple times reinstalled the ram and it worked then it happened again 2hours later I was going crazy I ended up formatting all drives and reinstalling windows10 it worked after 2 days it happened again at this point I was questioning my sanity I removed one stick and played it worked flawlessly for ages but the performance was trash so I put one back in and played for a month without anything happening then I was playing the heavy rain demo and it happened again I’ve removed 2 sticks switched there ram slots but still nothing any help?
Specs
CPU: i5 8400

COOLER: Cooler master hyper 212 EV

MOBO: Asus prime Z370 A

RAM: 16GB RAM DDR4 2666 ocd to 2800

SSD: Samsung 500gb ssd 860

GPU: Msi gtx 1070 gaming x 8GB

CASE: nzxt s340

PSU : Corsair CX550M

Seagate 2tb

Plz help

DMAN999

Dignified
Ambassador

swisso

Prominent
Oct 15, 2017
Have you tested the RAM sticks one at a time with MemTest86 or MemTest86+ ?
https://www.memtest86.com/download.htm

If not, do that and find out if one stick is actually bad.
If one is bad then RMA it OR buy a new stick.
i did one nothing was found went to do the other got to test 4 and it froze and locked up :(.