[SOLVED] Help! PC Freezing then crashing regularly and I realized my CPU Cooler Socket Support Type does not match my CPU nor my motherboard support type.

Apr 14, 2022
[Moderator edit to break up solid paragraph of text.]

So recently my pc has been freezing and then crashing and restarting regularly, and mainly when I play games.

This started off when my power went out and turned on my pc again to find a blue screen and everything corrupted and continuously freezing. I then reformated my C-Drive and reinstalled windows again, I was able to login no problem but the freezing continued.

My pc originally used to freeze and stay that way until I force shutdown it but after buying a new PSU and updating the bios, now it just freezes, takes a few seconds, crashes, then restarts.

I just found out now though, that my Cooler Master Liquid ML240 V2 ARGB CPU cooler doesn't support my CPU and motherboard socket type which is LGA1200. My motherboard is the gigabyte B460 HD3 and my CPU is an i5 10400F.

Last year, I had the same problem, except for a loud buzzing noise over it, but I fixed it after re-applying thermal paste.

Since the socket types don't match and the last time I had a problem with my pc freezing and crashing due to dried thermal paste on my CPU, could this be one of the reasons I am encountering this problem.

It is also important to note, that I sent over my GPU to get checked and they said they tested it and it was fine, I also had someone come over and test my ram sticks, stress test my GPU as well, and test my drives and said they were all ok. This has been a very tiring nuiscance so if anyone can help, please do.

TIA