Here is my Setup:

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 3 1300X 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor

Motherboard: ASRock - AB350M Pro4 Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard

Memory: G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-2400 Memory

Storage: Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive

Graphics Card: Asus - GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB Phoenix Video Card

Power Supply: Corsair - CX (2017) 450W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply

The Problem:
PC crashing during middle of games, while browsing Google Chrome, and even when it is idle and left alone. Crashes are also very random. Sometimes PC crashes 1 hour after startup or even 3 hours after startup. There is no pattern. The crash used to make a loud buzzing sound, but after updating my drivers and changing some of the device manger settings, it stopped making that noise during crash.

Things I have tried so far:

1) Updated latest Graphics Card drivers from the ASUS and NVIDIA websites.

2) Changed Device Manager settings

3) Changed Sleep Settings

4) Checked for overheating in the hardware using an app that indicates the temperature (Max temp was 79 degrees Celsius in video card when playing game )

5) Changed BIOS settings

6) Took out Graphics card, cleaned out the dust and put it back in

7) CPU usage is at 99%, not sure how to trouble shoot that

The only step I haven't tried yet is re-installing windows. I wanted to ask this message board before I attempt to do that. Would appreciate the help.

Solution
That is the sign of the motherboard failing. These B350 boards have horrible quality control. I got a ASRock AB350M Pro4 that flaked out with random crashes after 6 months. I recently got a Gigabyte GA-AB350M-DS3H that after 4 months running solid, start flaking out this week. I had ASUS Prime B350M-E that was DOA. That is a 50% fail rate consider all three had to be replaced, 3 out 6 boards in less than 12 months. What the hell is going on with these Ryzen boards!?! It can't just be bad luck when so many of them all different makes are flaking out.

You can try to self delude yourself, and believe you me I did. For a while there I tried swapping RAM, changing windows settings, swapping GPUs, PSUs. I got a spare old 120GB SSD just...
Sep 23, 2018

I booted the Windows from a USB device.

The CPU temps right now is 34 degrees celsius

Sep 23, 2018

It is an old install from before. My friend gave me some windows copy on a USB. Could that be the issue? I installed a corrupted Windows from the start?

Sep 23, 2018

Ok so my next course of action is to fully reinstall windows?

Also, another problem I have been having since i recently updated the graphics card is that sometimes after startup my mouse doesn't move at all. Like it moves but it it becomes really laggy and then eventually to a point where it can't move and the buffering icon appears beside the cursor. So I have to restart everytime.

Sep 23, 2018

Also I have one more question. Should i install windows differently from before? I booted windows from USB last time.

Sep 23, 2018

UPDATE: I tried reinstalling windows but now it keeps saying "There was a problem resetting your PC, no changes were made." Also in the middle of the PC reset it crashed a couple times. I am very close to purchasing a flame thrower made by Elon Musk and setting the whole PC on fire.

Please help

Sep 23, 2018

Hey so just installed fresh new Windows and cleaned my drive. But it still crashed. I actually have no idea what to do anymore.

nobspls

Reputable
Mar 14, 2018
That is the sign of the motherboard failing. These B350 boards have horrible quality control. I got a ASRock AB350M Pro4 that flaked out with random crashes after 6 months. I recently got a Gigabyte GA-AB350M-DS3H that after 4 months running solid, start flaking out this week. I had ASUS Prime B350M-E that was DOA. That is a 50% fail rate consider all three had to be replaced, 3 out 6 boards in less than 12 months. What the hell is going on with these Ryzen boards!?! It can't just be bad luck when so many of them all different makes are flaking out.

You can try to self delude yourself, and believe you me I did. For a while there I tried swapping RAM, changing windows settings, swapping GPUs, PSUs. I got a spare old 120GB SSD just to do clean Windows install, and test. You name it, I probably tried it.

You'd think I'd learn after the first board, but it is just much work swap motherboards and you really don't want to give up right away and go to that. And the thing may appear to be stable for a day and then it is back to hell. Eventually you'll find it even lock up just running memtest86 with no memory errors but locks up hard bare 90 secs into the test, can't even restart the thing with Ctrl-Alt-Del. Get the new board run 9 hours and not even one issue, press that ESC and get clean report. It is extremely frustrating when these board flake out.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS