Question Help - pc has orange light and does not display

Jul 2, 2022
MB prime b450m-a
CPU ryzen 3600
GPU 3060 ti

I previously undervolted my cpu in bios, and the undervolt was safe as I tested thoroughly. After changing my core clock from the standard 36.00 to 38.00 and saving the changes, my pc booted but displayed a “PERFORMING AUTOMATIC REPAIR” countless times after rebooting the system. I tried taking out and reinstalling the RAM, but this lead to no display coming, and an orange light on my motherboard. The components are running, cpu fan is running, ram rgb is on, gpu fan is on, but I have no display coming. I tried resetting the cmos battery by taking it out and putting it back in after 5 minutes, but this did not solve my issue. Help?

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

You might want to try and reset the CMOS/BIOS, power down the platform, disconnect from the wall and display, then remove the CMOS battery for at least 30 minutes. Press and hold down the power button on the chassis to drain any residual power on the board. Replace the battery, reconnect to display and wall outlet and power up, go into BIOS and then input the time, then check to see if your clocks are all in defaults and that CSM is disabled.

You should be able to boot to OS GUI, if you encounter automatic repair, let it run it's course. Now would be a good time to keep a bootable USB installer for your OS handy in case you need to use it for recovery.

Your specs are incomplete, make and model of your PSU(and it's age), ram, storage, case and the BIOS version for your motherboard.

Jul 2, 2022
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

You might want to try and reset the CMOS/BIOS, power down the platform, disconnect from the wall and display, then remove the CMOS battery for at least 30 minutes. Press and hold down the power button on the chassis to drain any residual power on the board. Replace the battery, reconnect to display and wall outlet and power up, go into BIOS and then input the time, then check to see if your clocks are all in defaults and that CSM is disabled.

You should be able to boot to OS GUI, if you encounter automatic repair, let it run it's course. Now would be a good time to keep a bootable USB installer for your OS handy in case you need to use it for recovery.

Your specs are incomplete, make and model of your PSU(and it's age), ram, storage, case and the BIOS version for your motherboard.

Not sure about my PSU, my grandpa built the PC for me after my old one died and replaced some old parts but is most likely 2 years old
RAM is T force Delta 3200mhz
Storage is a toshiba ssd for boot (again, not sure of model as my grandpa installed this)
Case should be a fractal design S
BIOS not sure about, I remember it said 2007