HELP!!pc monitor goes black when connected avr turns on

andersonmx24

Prominent
Jan 12, 2019
Hello so I have a new pc with. 1080Ti. I have my main monitor plugged in to display port on my desk in the other room I have a hdmi running to a Yamaha avr. I use the windows and p command to switch between displays to use at my desk or at the tv. If I turn the receiver on then start my pc all is fine. But if I have my pc running then I turn on the receiver my main monitor goes black till I turn off the receiver or unplug the hdmi. This is so annoying does anyone know why this would be? It seems like it wasn’t doing this at one time but I can’t figure this out and I have searched everywhere!

andersonmx24

Prominent
Jan 12, 2019
If anyone reads this give me any ideas! Can’t figure this out and it’s super annoying. I’m about ready to just put the hdmi to the tv but the problem with that then no surround sound cause it doesn’t see the tv as 5.1 capable. And since my tv is a smart tv. Sometimes I’ll be playing the pc on the monitor and the receiver will just turn on by it’s self the tv must send a signal then the monitor will go black and I have to go and turn off the receiver. Not sure how to solve this issue