Question Help! PC not turning on

Nov 20, 2022
Hello,

So recently i bought a R7 5700G ( mobo supports it ) to upgrade my CPU, i updated the bios ( f51g) and changed the CPU , i started the pc and got a blank screen with the pc on, fans spining.

After i reset the Cmos the pc didnt turn on any more i only got a flash of the mobo led. After that i removed all the conected periferals and disconected my hard drives and ssd. Still didnt turn on. Because that didnt work i put back the old CPU and reset the cmos. Still didnt turn on. Also tried removing the RAM with no success. I also tested the PSU by jumping the PSU fan and it turned on.
Also tried switching from GPU HDMI to Mobo HDMI also didnt work.

I just hope i didnt brick the mobo.

Specs:

Mobo: GB-a350m-hd3

CPU: R3 1300x/R7 5700G

GPU: GB 1050 Ti

RAM: Patriot Signature DDR4 8GB

PSU: Xilence 600w

Last edited:
Nov 15, 2022
Hello,

So recently i bought a R7 5700G ( mobo supports it ) to upgrade my CPU, i updated the bios ( f51g) and changed the CPU , i started the pc and got a blank screen with the pc on, fans spining.

After i reset the Cmos the pc didnt turn on any more i only got a flash of the mobo led. After that i removed all the conected periferals and disconected my hard drives and ssd. Still didnt turn on. Because that didnt work i put back the old CPU and reset the cmos. Still didnt turn on. Also tried removing the RAM with no success. I also tested the PSU by jumping the PSU fan and it turned on.
Also tried switching from GPU HDMI to Mobo HDMI also didnt work.

I just hope i didnt brick the mobo.

Specs:

Mobo: GB-a350m-hd3

CPU: R3 1300x/R7 5700G

GPU: GB 1050 Ti

RAM: Patriot Signature DDR4 8GB

PSU: Xilence 600w
does the board beep?

Nov 15, 2022
and a BIOS config jumper
i would take unplug the PSU then take all the RAM out, the GPU, hard drive and an other components plugged into the mother. leave the CPU and the CPU fan plugged in. plug the PSU back into the motherboard and see if it beeps. if it doesnt beep switch the board off by jumping it or hold the power button on. unplug the psu and take the cmos battery out for a while. then if you have jumpers for CMOS put the battery back in and move the jumper one pin over leave it there for 5min then move the jumper back into the orginal position. plug the PSU back in a see if it beeps

Nov 15, 2022
do
i would take unplug the PSU then take all the RAM out, the GPU, hard drive and an other components plugged into the mother. leave the CPU and the CPU fan plugged in. plug the PSU back into the motherboard and see if it beeps. if it doesnt beep switch the board off by jumping it or hold the power button on. unplug the psu and take the cmos battery out for a while. then if you have jumpers for CMOS put the battery back in and move the jumper one pin over leave it there for 5min then move the jumper back into the orginal position. plug the PSU back in a see if it beeps

dont play with the jumpers if the psu is still plugged into the board if you have them. some boards dont most new ones.

Nov 20, 2022
do

dont play with the jumpers if the psu is still plugged into the board if you have them. some boards dont most new ones.
I tried it with the R7 5700G and it did the same thing. The LED turned on and off. Also removed the Cmos battery for 5min and put it back in. Same result. Not sure about the Cmos jumper my mobo Gigabyte AB350M-HD3 only has 2 pins for CLR_CMOS if thats what you wrote about.

Nov 15, 2022
I tried it with the R7 5700G and it did the same thing. The LED turned on and off. Also removed the Cmos battery for 5min and put it back in. Same result. Not sure about the Cmos jumper my mobo Gigabyte AB350M-HD3 only has 2 pins for CLR_CMOS if thats what you wrote about.
yes CLR-CMOS is a short version of clear CMOS. swap it one pin over while the CMOS battery is in and the PSU unplugged. also have a look and see a SPI_Con jumper and a BIOS config jumper. When you move the CMOS jumper one pin over you clear CMOS settings. Leave the Jumper there for 5min and swap it back when 5min are over

Nov 15, 2022
yes CLR-CMOS is a short version of clear CMOS. swap it one pin over while the CMOS battery is in and the PSU unplugged. also have a look and see a SPI_Con jumper and a BIOS config jumper. When you move the CMOS jumper one pin over you clear CMOS settings. Leave the Jumper there for 5min and swap it back when 5min are over
The SPI_con jumper is labeld just SPI_con and has multiple pins sticking out instead of 3

Nov 15, 2022
My intel DP45SG didnt beep at all and i had alot of problems. You can also test your PSU by jumping it and listen if the fan for the PSU sound changes
You just need to double check if im correct before you try it. on the main ATX cable you plug into the board ou should have a green wire. if you connect the green wire with one of the black ones the PSU will turn on. Only a suggestion, you might end up damaging the PSU. Just check the PSU thing before you try it

Nov 20, 2022
Well this isnt the first time i heard that noise. About a month and a half ago i started hearing noises coming from my PSU for about a week. Then i stopped hearing it.

TRENDING THREADS