[SOLVED] [HELP] Pc randomly shut off and shows no sigs of life after cleaning it day ago.

Jan 4, 2019
The cleaning process was kinda scary because first time of my life CPU came off together with a cooler even though the CPU was still locked to motherboard. Somehow CPU pins were perfectly straight. After cleaning, it worked perfectly. Temps were low and no issues were seen. Though 1 day later PC turned off while gaming, tried to turn it back on, fans started spinning for 5 seconds, but then PC turned off and gives no signs of life. At first I was sure it was PSU what was messed up. I don't know if that's how it should work but I was still able to charge my phone which was hooked into PC with USB. So i really don't have any idea what could be the problem.

Edit: after PC shutting down there was very strong burning smell.

Parts:
PSU: Chieftec CTG-500-80P 500W (It's very old)
Motherboard: ASRock 970M Pro3
CPU: amd fx8350
Ram 2x4gb corsair vengeance
Graphics card: Nvidia gtx 750 TI
SSD: Samsung evo 250gb

Thanks for advance.

Ralston18

Titan
Please update you post to include system hardware specs and OS?

Especially PSU: Make, model, wattage, age, condition?

Per your post: "then PC turned off and gives no signs of life. At first I was sure it was PSU what was messed up".

PSU's can have partial failures. For example one voltage rail will work - maybe the USB ports in your situation and all other voltages fail.

Here is a link explaining the voltages and how to test the PSU.

If you do not have a multimeter or are uncomfortable about using one then find a knowledgeable family member or friend to help.