[SOLVED] help! PC Restarting When Playing Games

janveselic1

Prominent
Feb 5, 2019
Hello,

I am new to the forum. I have just build my first PC. I have a annoying problem my pc restarts when i am playing games. after 1 hour or 2 hours of gaming. My pc restarted when playing csgo and rocket league i didnt see pc restart when playing gta 5 and shadow of the tomb raider. I know there is a lot of threads of this problem but nothing helped so far....I was checking temperatures the whole time. I even stress tested cpu and gpu, gpu was max 69,70 degrees when stress testing on full. cpu keeps cool when gaming around 56-60 degrees. So i dont think it is heat...my psu is Corsair TX750M i bought it because it was gold 1 tier and 750watts should be more then enough power. So i dont think is too little wattage. I did a ram check and no errors or problems. I didnt overclock. I am using AOROUS ENGINE for GPU (gigabyte rtx 2070 OC white). i have it on gaming mode in aorous engine so i dont have it in overclock mode. I only changed ram settings in BIOS because it ran on 2166Mhz default i have 3200Mhz ram so i set Ram Mhz speed in bios to 3200. everything is brand new. But there is one more thing! I have pc plugged into power extension cord with 6 sockets. Can it be power extension cord ? my pc is to far from direct wall socket. I will go buy a single socket power extension and we will see...I hope my english is good enough. Thanks for the help. Greetings from Slovenia!

full specs:
ryzen 2700x stock cooler
asus x470 prime pro
gigabyte rtx 2070 oc white
16gb 3200mhz corsair vengeance pro rgb
2 SSD 500gb
nzxt h500i

Solution
It actually restarted when browsing the web so it wasnt only when gaming.
I plugged the PSU straight into the wall socket and set everything in bios to AUTO and now it works fine so far! Now i only have to figure it out which one is it. Bios settings or the power extension cable.

janveselic1

Prominent
Feb 5, 2019
It actually restarted when browsing the web so it wasnt only when gaming.
I plugged the PSU straight into the wall socket and set everything in bios to AUTO and now it works fine so far! Now i only have to figure it out which one is it. Bios settings or the power extension cable.

Solution