Distinguished
Sep 26, 2010
my pc
ASUS p5Qpl AM
E7500
GF 9600Gt
2GB DDR2
Zebronics 600W

At first my PSU had blown ...got a new replaced PSU....now whenever i try to switch on the rig it fires for a second with all fans running....and then stops and during this period i get no video signal....whenever i pull out the CPU all fans continue to run and it doesnt shut down(however no video signal).......what could be the ossible culprit????

pa2

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2010

ive checked the RAM it runs perfectly...in another PC....so r u sure dat CPU isnt damaged...coz i lovd it

huron

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2007
As he said, it could be a number of things. It could be the motherboard as well. There's not an easy way to test, except by putting your components (CPU, RAM, GPU) into another board and firing it up.

goodguy713

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2009
Id be willing to bet 50 bucks that its the cpu got shorted out ... i had the same issue once with 1090t after returning the mother board as a possible cause and elimnating all other issues i found that it was a dead 1090t that lasted oh id say 2 days or so then it either burned up or shorted out .. needless to say i would sugjest buying your cpu from amazon they have probobly one of the best return policys that i know of .. they sent me a new one in 2nd day air .. and even sent it out before i sent back the old processor. just saying it was a great exspirience. although i was very sad about the processor taking a dump on me ..

intoblack136

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2011
Did you plug the power connector(s) required to run your videocard into the psu?
Is it seated correctly, just throwing some ideas out there.

Is there any beeps when it start it up, continuous, multiple anything?