Question Help! PC stuck in boot loop! (CMOS clear didnt work / Can't access Bios screen)

Nov 15, 2022
So to provide a somewhat detailed explanation to my situation, I recently just finished building a brand new gaming PC. All of the parts are as follows:

Asus RoG Strix Z790-A

i7 13700k

MSI 2080 super Gaming Trio (haven't installed yet since I need to get it from my last build)

32gb 3600 Corsair Vengeance DDR4

1000w Asus RoG Strix PSU

1TB Samsung M.2 970

X73 Kraken CPU Cooler

After finishing my build I was able to install windows 11 without much trouble besides my m.2 not appearing in bios for windows installation. Once I got to installing programs is when the first problem came. My computer would freeze on me. I believe this was as a result of my cpu cooler not functioning correctly. I believe after refitting all of the headers it is working fine, but to resolve the issue I wanted to update Bios since it happened after my first reset. My last bios update was quite a bit ago and I didn't install the ME update for the new motherboard first. I believe because of my error installing the wrong package first, my pc is now in a perpetual boot loop (I'll add a video of my PC during the loop whenever it uploads to imgur if thats permitted. Nothing special about it though. Lights are all fine and then after sitting at the white VGA light for a bit, it resets) and I can't get any screen to appear (Just stays black. Keyboard doesn't light up either before the boot reset). I searched for ways to reset the motherboard and resetted my CMOS by both removing the battery as well as using the clear CMOS button on my motherboard. This didn't result in any change and it's still looping when I try to boot. I've taken out my RAM, checked and reseated my cooler, and checked my cpu for damage. Nothing seems to be working. I just need to be able to get out of the loop and my pc should be fine, but I don't know of any other way and googling hasn't lead to anything successful. Please help if you think there's something I should try because this is eating at me.

FYI, I don't have any other components to test with. I would tried a new motherboard if I had one, but my goal is still to try and fix my current one.

So to provide a somewhat detailed explanation to my situation, I recently just finished building a brand new gaming PC. All of the parts are as follows:

Asus RoG Strix Z790-A

i7 13700k

MSI 2080 super Gaming Trio (haven't installed yet since I need to get it from my last build)

32gb 3600 Corsair Vengeance DDR4

1000w Asus RoG Strix PSU

1TB Samsung M.2 970

X73 Kraken CPU Cooler

After finishing my build I was able to install windows 11 without much trouble besides my m.2 not appearing in bios for windows installation. Once I got to installing programs is when the first problem came. My computer would freeze on me. I believe this was as a result of my cpu cooler not functioning correctly. I believe after refitting all of the headers it is working fine, but to resolve the issue I wanted to update Bios since it happened after my first reset. My last bios update was quite a bit ago and I didn't install the ME update for the new motherboard first. I believe because of my error installing the wrong package first, my pc is now in a perpetual boot loop (I'll add a video of my PC during the loop whenever it uploads to imgur if thats permitted. Nothing special about it though. Lights are all fine and then after sitting at the white VGA light for a bit, it resets) and I can't get any screen to appear (Just stays black. Keyboard doesn't light up either before the boot reset). I searched for ways to reset the motherboard and resetted my CMOS by both removing the battery as well as using the clear CMOS button on my motherboard. This didn't result in any change and it's still looping when I try to boot. I've taken out my RAM, checked and reseated my cooler, and checked my cpu for damage. Nothing seems to be working. I just need to be able to get out of the loop and my pc should be fine, but I don't know of any other way and googling hasn't lead to anything successful. Please help if you think there's something I should try because this is eating at me.

FYI, I don't have any other components to test with. I would tried a new motherboard if I had one, but my goal is still to try and fix my current one.
Make it smaller.

Unplug the ssd....test.

If no help use just one stick of ram in the proper slot.....test.

TRENDING THREADS