HELP PC turns on then off after a few seconds

renold458

Honorable
Nov 16, 2013
Hey guys, I really need help. I shut down my system a few hours ago and came back to turn it on to have it shut off a few seconds later. The sound you hear that rises up to a chirp doesnt have the chirp, it just shuts off where you'd usually hear that part. At first I thought it was a video issue through HDMI as my TV is sometimes finicky and won't show the PC display. I checked and noticed the PC was shutting off and turning back on and off again, essentially a loop. The PC I built myself and has been running fine for months. The specs are as follows:

Core i5 4670K
EVGA Geforce GTX 770 2GB
8 GB Kingston HyperX RAM 1600 MHz
Seasonic G Series 650 WATT PSU
Gigabyte GA-H81M-HD3 Motherboard

Nothing has been overclocked and the BIOS untampered with. Please help!

Solution
Try this. Unplug the computer from the Power Outlet (or unplug the power cable from the back of the PC)

Hold power button down for 15-30 seconds then let it sit for 5 minutes or so. Then plug it back in and see if it boots up
Try this. Unplug the computer from the Power Outlet (or unplug the power cable from the back of the PC)

Hold power button down for 15-30 seconds then let it sit for 5 minutes or so. Then plug it back in and see if it boots up

Solution

renold458

Honorable
Nov 16, 2013
It worked! That's odd that it did this time as I've tried that before, maybe it's because I didn't leave it alone for 5 min after, I tried booting it right away after holding the power button. Any ideas what may have caused the loop?