Question *HELP* PC Won't BOOT 2 days after delivering

Oct 6, 2020
I built a PC for my girlfriend and right before I sent it, I made sure everything worked properly and everything was packed safely to avoid issues to delivery.
When it got to her it wouldn't boot or show any signs of being alive like beeps, fans, or even lights.
I tried guiding her to reseat cables and that didn't work and I don't know what could have been the problem.
I need serious help, and I'm not even sure if it's just the power supply because it was literally working all perfectly fine 2 days prior to delivery.

TLDR; PC won’t show signs of turning on (Fans won’t turn on and they’re connected directly to PSU and no beeps or lights). PSU makes a faint buzzing and grinding noise when turned on.

PC is being used in an apartment complex if that helps

Last edited:

Remeca

Reputable
I would start troubleshooting from the wall out. Make sure power is plugged in on both ends, PSU switch isn't flipped, power bar isn't off, PSU to motherboard connection secure, etc. Rule out the basic stuff first no matter how obvious it may seem it isn't that.

Oct 6, 2020
I would start troubleshooting from the wall out. Make sure power is plugged in on both ends, PSU switch isn't flipped, power bar isn't off, PSU to motherboard connection secure, etc. Rule out the basic stuff first no matter how obvious it may seem it isn't that.
Yeah, I asked the same questions and was wondering if it was the psu to motherboard connection and asked her to reconnect those cables. I’m wondering if its the motherboard after the trip with a heavy cpu cooler, but she told me that she heard noise coming from the PSU and I don’t know if that means the PSU died or not and would be head scratching to me that it died on the way there