Question Help picking gaming headsets

trickynick

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2010
HI,

First, I know nothing about headsets. I just know to plug them in and they work. I looked over the reviews and such but I can't make heads or tails of what things mean. I am hoping that someone or a group of someones could help me decide on a good pair that will work for me? I can only advise what I am looking for, which may or may not be all the info you experts may need but ask if it isn't.

Wired or Wireless. I don't have a preference, but if I have to replace batteries, I don't want it - if it's like a controller I can think about it.
I'd like it to be surround sound.
Over the Ear - I can't stand having anything in my ear or on my ear.
Good sound quality.
Good Mic - I will use it to play games with friends(usually on discord)...I may even get back into streaming.
Price - This is the hard part, I don't want to pay a lot. I am jobless with no income but I need a new pair as my current one is breaking (loose wire or something) - I don't really want to spend more than $100 but even that price point scares me in my current situation.
I don't care what store they are from as long as they are trustworthy.
I prefer new.

Any other questions you may have, please ask. Again, I know squat about headsets.

Flashgo1

Reputable
Mar 11, 2016
I personaly like the $100 ish dollar wireless headphones that i keep finding. first set lasted 5-6 years before the built in rechargeable battery died. current one i bought near 2 years ago is 7.1surround sound but not bad. found at fry's electronic store but currently cant find it in online cataloge

trickynick

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2010
I personaly like the $100 ish dollar wireless headphones that i keep finding. first set lasted 5-6 years before the built in rechargeable battery died. current one i bought near 2 years ago is 7.1surround sound but not bad. found at fry's electronic store but currently cant find it in online cataloge
What's the name of it?

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS