Question Help Picking New Monitor and other Hardware/peripherals

zwarrior64

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2014
First off thanks for taking the time to read and second, I'm sorry if this is the wrong place to place these questions. I'm bulking my questions into one article so again forgive me if this isn't proper. I have just bought my second PC and am in need of some hardware/peripherals to go with it. My last gaming PC lasted me 7 years and it along with my mouse and pad and monitor are showing their age. I like most of my stuff (I changed nothing in those 7 years) and unfortunately those items are discontinued and unavailable. So I'm here seeking help and suggestions.
My biggest question would be on the monitor. I currently have a 24 inch Asus monitor (no idea the model). I wouldn't mind going slightly bigger but that's not really an issue. Id be more concerned with smooth picture and not too taxing on the tower. I play in 1920x1080 and have never bothered to look at the other settings. I don't need all the fancy new stuff just trying to find a balance between smooth performance while not bottlenecking on an older monitor and not to taxing to increase longevity of the tower. If this makes any sense.
Next would be mouse, keyboard and mousepad. My keyboard still functions fairly normally but I'm sure it may need replacing down the road. For Reference it is a Razer Black widow Ultimate mechanical keyboard. I don't need any fancy lights or extras I do however enjoy a board with the number pad on the side. As for the pad I currently have a Razer Vespula which I really have enjoy except for the giant bubble in the center bottom of the pad that popped up in the last 6 months. Doesn't help with the aiming. :) I like the fact that you can flip it for the faster movements or the other side for the precision which I use 90% of the time. Finally and most important of the 3 is the mouse. I currently have a Razer Ouroboros. It has been a marvelous mouse but the side buttons have broke/ become loose in the last year. I have bigger wider hands and so love that there are wings you can attach for the pinky and thumb to rest on. Two side buttons on each side that are plenty enough (one for nades and one for melee) and you can adjust the palm for more comfort. Besides the scroll wheel there are 2 buttons on the middle top that lets you adjust mouse speed on the fly(great for swapping between faster look around or slowing down for sniping). It also has a channel between the palm rest and finger buttons that i think help keep your hand cooler. Any suggestions for mouse for bigger hands and or have similar features would be appreciated.
And finally of the least import i was thinking of new speakers too. Any suggestions would be welcome. I Currently use the Creative Gigaworks T20 Series 2 for reference and have just used on board sound.
So those are my questions a lot i know. I am sad because after 7 years they feel like old friends that I've shared more hours with than I care to admit. I really would get the same stuff again but i guess things move on. Any suggestions/help would be greatly appreciated and again thanks for taking the time.
Also for reference the System i bought....
System Configuration:

Chassis Model: Digital Storm Lynx - Level 3 (MPN-LV2-10700F-3060TiFE-V2-B560)

Exterior Finish: - Standard Factory Finish

Trim Accents: - Standard Factory Finish

Processor: Intel Core i7-10700F (4.8 GHz Turbo) (16-Thread) (8-Core) 2.9 GHz

Motherboard: ASUS / MSI / ASRock (Intel Chipset) (Up to 2x PCI-E Devices)

System Memory: 16GB DDR4 Digital Storm Performance Series

Power Supply: 700W Digital Storm Performance Series

Expansion Bay: - No Thanks

Optical Drive: - No Thanks

Storage Set 1: 1x SSD M.2 (1TB Digital Storm M.2 Performance Series)

Storage Set 2: - No Thanks

Storage Set 3: - No Thanks

RAID Config: - No Thanks

RAID Card: - No Thanks

Internet Access: Wireless Connectivity (Supports 802.11ac) (Integrated Motherboard Wi-Fi)

Graphics Card(s): 1x GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB (VR Ready)

Sound Card: Integrated Motherboard Audio

Add On Card: - No Thanks

Extreme Cooling: AIR: Stage 1: High-Performance Copper Heat Pipe Cooler

HydroLux Tubing Style: - Not Applicable, I do not have a custom HydroLux liquid cooling system selected

HydroLux Fluid Color: - Not Applicable, I do not have a custom HydroLux liquid cooling system selected

Cable Management: Premium Cable Management (Strategically Routed & Organized for Airflow)

Chassis Fans: Digital Storm Performance Series (RGB Fans)

Internal Lighting: Remote Controlled Advanced LED Lighting System (Multiple RGB Color Modes)

Software Control: - No Thanks

Chassis Mods: - No Thanks

Noise Reduction: - No Thanks

LaserMark: - No Thanks

CPU Boost: Stock Factory Turbo Boost Advanced Automatic Overclocking

Graphics: - No Thanks, Please do not overclock my video card(s)

OS Boost: - No Thanks, Please do not tweak the services on the operating system

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 11 Home (64-Bit)

Recovery Tools: USB Drive - Windows Installation (Format and Clean Install)

Virus Protection: Windows Defender Antivirus (Built-in to Windows 10)

Office: - No Thanks

Mouse Pad: - No Thanks

Display: - No Thanks

Surge Shield: - No Thanks

Speakers: - No Thanks

Keyboard: - No Thanks

Mouse: - No Thanks

Branded Gear: - No Thanks

Priority Build: - No Thanks, Ship Within 5-10 Business Days After Order Is Successfully Processed

Warranty: Life-time Expert Care with 3 Year Limited Warranty (3 Year Labor & 1 Year Part Replacement)