Question Help picking new power supply

May 16, 2019
The Fan is currently going out in my power supply. Rattling. I need to replace it but have very little knowledge about the power supply aspect of computers. So I thought I would register on here and seek help. The motherboard in my computer is GIGABYTE GA-970A-DS3P FX (rev. 2.1) AM3+/AM3 AMD 990FX SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.1 ATX AMD Motherboard . Currently has a fx-6300 rx 560 and 8gb ram in it. 2 case fans as well. The pc is a cyberpowerpc bestbuy GUA1400BST .

I only have a 100$ budget, cant go over that including tax, so I was hoping you guys could recommend me one that fit this price point. Preferably from a online retailer that ships. Also the most powerful one at that price point as well. I do want it to be at least bronze and preferably not a referb. Hope you guys can help. Thanks in advance. PS (the reason i am asking is cause im unsure if I need a atx or atx12v or what.

Wolfshadw

Titan
May 16, 2019
High quality unit with a 10 year warranty, plenty of power for the build & upgrades when desired.

PCPartPicker Part List

Power Supply: SeaSonic - FOCUS Gold 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply ($84.99 @ Amazon)
Total: $84.99
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-05-16 16:04 EDT-0400

Thanks, Ill check that one out for sure. Was really having a hard time figuring out what to replace it with.

EDIT: reason for more power was for future GFX card upgrade.

WildCard999

Titan
Not sure why you want the most power. Your system would do fine with less:

PCPartPicker Part List

Power Supply: SeaSonic - FOCUS Plus Gold 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply ($79.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Total: $79.99
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-05-16 16:13 EDT-0400

But there's no harm in going with a more powerful unit like the one WildCard999 lists.

-Wolf sends
I figured for the extra $5 it was worth it plus if they do a platform upgrade as well as GPU upgrade and overclocking they'll still have plenty of power.