TStahler

Distinguished
Hello, I am looking to buy the best graphics card for me but I am kind of hard pressed deciding which of these is the best decision. I am coming from an AMD Radeon R9 295x2 GPU. My current setup is as follows.

Key System Specs
CPU 9900K
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master Motherboard
32GB (16GBx2) Kingston HyperX Ram
Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB
EVGA 1600W Platinum Power Supply
Corsair 780T Case.
Include Various other SSD's and Mechanical Hard Drives.

I will be using this card for my both G-Sync and FreeSync compatible 1080p 144Hz monitor. The card being quiet is very important because this computer's primary use will be my home based recording studio and I don't really want noise coming through from outside of the room where I have my tower in the hallway to keep noise down. I would like to possibly even get into rendering high resolution music videos in my studio in addition to rendering high resolution audio files. With that said, Here are my options.

A) I bought a Zotac RTX 2080 Amp Edition Graphics Card New for $659.99 about 3 weeks ago. I am not excited that it only has 8GB of VRAM though as I think titles with all effects on now are already pushing that limit. The card does run relatively quiet but the fans do spin at idle unlike the other Nvidia options here which seem to shut off the fans under a certain temperature. The 2080 seems like aside from the GDDR6 memory, that hardware wise it might be slower than a GTX 1080ti. DLSS is not able to be used at high refresh rate 1080p, or any 1080p for that matter with the 2080. I like having a top level card as Inhave had the GTX 9800+, GTX 580, GTX 680, and the Radeon R9 295x2. It can't really max 144HZ on all games, but not really a big deal. I would like to render music videos and I am not sure how this card would compare with the other options here at that task. At 8GB of VRAM this card seems to have the least amount of all of these options.

B) I can return the Zotac RTX 2080 Amp Edition GPU I bought for $659.99 and buy an Open Box MSI Armor GTX 1080ti for $628.99 and then because the MSI Armor 1080ti has one of the worst coolers for 1080ti's in history, I can buy an Arctic Accelero Extreme IV aftermarket air cooler for it for an additional $61.99 which might or might not run quieter than the RTX 2080. I worry that it will run louder even though it could be quieter than the 2080 and it could also be a downgrade but not sure. This Graphics Card is also sold "Open Box". I would lose out overall on all DLSS and Ray Tracing. Not a huge deal though in that case. I don't really want to have to take apart the card and put a new cooler on it just to have to make it quieter, but with this GPU I would have no other choice. I do really like the fact that it does have 11GB of VRAM though and that the 1080ti still seems to perform well in benchmarks online anyway. The extra VRAM seem like it might provide more cushion for special effecta and longevity. I am not excited that this option will cost overall about $40 more than the 2080, bit it isn't that big of a deal.

C) Return the Zotac RTX 2080 Amp Edition Graphics Card I bought for $659.99 and buy an AMD Radeon VII for $699.99. I am not into that it costs more, but still it is only about the same cost as option "B", but I at least don't have to disassemble the card to mount an aftermarket cooler onto it. My concerns are that it could be a downgrade performance wise overall and that the card supposedly is loud and noisy. I have thought about undervolting the card but that might be part of playing the silicon lottery to see if it even does such. I do like the 16GB of HBR2 which might help with rendering music video files too.

D) I can return my Zotac RTX 2080 Amp Edition I bought for $659.99 and buy an EVGA Black Edition RTX 2080ti for $917.96 that is sold "Open Box". My local Micro Center has 2 of these in stock. My concerns are that the price is almost an extra $300 which is a big expensive. I do like the 11GB of VRAM and it does seem like the fastest of the options. I am not excited that the card is sold open box though because Micro Center is over an hour away each way from my house and my wife isn't super excited about me wanting to spend an extra $300 on a computer part, but she respects my decisions.

Which option would be the best for me?