Question Help pinpointing display + audio crash?

lcdellapa

Commendable
Dec 3, 2017
For months now my PC has been having an issue where the screen will suddenly go black for a couple seconds, and any audio or video playing in the background will pause. Then the display will come back on and anything audio-only will resume, but video will be a blanked out green fill. It happens when watching video, scrolling through webpages, or working in other programs. I can't find a pattern to it.

I've tried updating my drivers, running an sfc scan, and reinstalling windows, but nothing has helped. It's becoming really prohibitive to being able to do my work. Is this a bad component? Which would it be?

My system:
Win 10
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X Eight-Core Processor 3.70 GHz
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080
Motherboard: MSI X370 Gaming Plus

Bassplate

Reputable
For months now my PC has been having an issue where the screen will suddenly go black for a couple seconds, and any audio or video playing in the background will pause. Then the display will come back on and anything audio-only will resume, but video will be a blanked out green fill. It happens when watching video, scrolling through webpages, or working in other programs. I can't find a pattern to it.

I've tried updating my drivers, running an sfc scan, and reinstalling windows, but nothing has helped. It's becoming really prohibitive to being able to do my work. Is this a bad component? Which would it be?

My system:
Win 10
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X Eight-Core Processor 3.70 GHz
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080
Motherboard: MSI X370 Gaming Plus
I'm guessing that you are currently using the HDMI Screen cable input to your graphics and output to your screen???
HDMI (High definition Media Interface)HDMI carry video output and Audio output at the same Time.So when your screen goes blank and your Audio cuts out on the same time i can only think its the HDMI Ports or the HDMI cable itself.
Try replacing your Screen Cable or try to use an Different screen cable and different screen port which your graphics card support.(Like DVI )
digitalfoundry-2018-nvidia-geforce-gtx-1080-benchmarks-1529770516726.jpg