• Now's your chance win big! Join our community and get entered to win a RTX 2060 GPU, plus more! Join here.

Pi Cast Episode 3 streams live on Tuesday, August 4th at 2:30 pm ET (7:30 PM BST). Watch live right here!

Catch Scharon on the Tom's Hardware Show live on Thursday, August 6th at 2:00 pm ET (7:00 PM BST). Click here!

Question Help please about RTX graphics cards

gigabyte2020

Reputable
Apr 14, 2016
Hey guys,
The overthinking about this is gonna kill me, please help 💔😵
I was planning on getting the aorus rtx 2070 super 8Gb to play with 1440p resolution with rtx on and DLSS but I saw some benchmarks about it and the card barely hit 50 for some games and I understand that the 20 series are the first prototypes for ray tracing which basically means that they will not outperform games with rtx on for sure but where am staying the aorus 2070 super costs 11,500 pounds (I mean paying this whole amount for like 40-50 fps doesn't feel like kinda fair especially for future proof, don't you think?) I also saw benchmarks about the 2080 super aorus and it did kinda good enough but it costs 15,500 pounds. I mean I want t build a pc to keep having without finding out after couple of years I need to change the graphics card again since they're very expensive; That's why I picked 32gb ram and waiting for ryzen 4th gen and an rtx graphics card .
so should I get the aorus 2080 super or wait for like the 3070 ampere?? but I have a feeling that the new gen will be so damn expensive and kills our wallets xD
Thanks <3

hang-the-9

Titan
The post is a bit all over the place, what you should buy depends on your budget and if you can wait or not. If you already have a video card that works fine then may as well wait. You did not put in any details about the setup you have now, is this a new build, upgrading? Ray Tracing is fine to have but I would not spend more for it or wait if this is a new build and you want to have it running to use. A 2070 is fine for 1440 resolution, most benchmarks are done at max settings so even if you play at Medium to get higher FPS it will still look fine. If you can afford a 2080S then sure that will do better, it's about 15%, maybe 20% faster than the 2070S.

Last edited:

gigabyte2020

Reputable
Apr 14, 2016
The post is a bit all over the place, what you should buy depends on your budget and if you can wait or not. If you already have a video card that works fine then may as well wait. You did not put in any details about the setup you have now, is this a new build, upgrading? Ray Tracing is fine to have but I would not spend more for it or wait if this is a new build and you want to have it running to use. A 2070 is fine for 1440 resolution, most benchmarks are done at max settings so even if you play at Medium to get higher FPS it will still look fine. If you can afford a 2080S then sure that will do better, it's about 15%, maybe 20% faster than the 2070S.
I did get the aorus rtx 2080 super (will get the phanteks vertical gpu mount kit) and yea it's a new build, am almost finished with the parts but still waiting for ryzen 4th gen (the 4700X most probably) and I noticed sth with my gpu, can you check it for me? I would be grateful

XPG battlecruiser mid tower case
Msi X570 tomahawk wifi (still waiting for it also)
Team T-force dark Z silver 32gb (separate 2x16) 3200MHZ 16-38
xpg gammix S11pro 512gb M.2 NVME
4TB WD blue HDD
crucial BX500 240GB SSd 2.5 (windows, drivers and programs winrar, etc. only)
NZXT kraken X52 240mm aio (will get it very soon)
Aoc CQ27G2 27 VA 2K 144HZ gaming monitor..

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS