Help please ASAP!!!

Msk084

Honorable
May 28, 2013
I just put in my new processor and it didn't start and asked if I want to restore its settings. Should I do this or put in the old processor and update the bios?

Solution

Whenever you swap out the CPU in your system, the motherboard generally goes into a kind of "safe mode", to prevent damage to the new CPU or the rest of your system. At which point its asking for what you would like to do 1) Restore to what the manufacture defaults 2) Enter BIOS and set the settings yourself.

You should restore the settings on the motherboard which should be the message your getting, should also have something like "Press F1/Del" to enter BIOS/Setup, where you should go through your settings and adjust to the new CPU, or if you don't know what settings...

Thedarklordx64

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2011

Whenever you swap out the CPU in your system, the motherboard generally goes into a kind of "safe mode", to prevent damage to the new CPU or the rest of your system. At which point its asking for what you would like to do 1) Restore to what the manufacture defaults 2) Enter BIOS and set the settings yourself.

You should restore the settings on the motherboard which should be the message your getting, should also have something like "Press F1/Del" to enter BIOS/Setup, where you should go through your settings and adjust to the new CPU, or if you don't know what settings to make, there should be an option there for "Restore to Factory Safe/Defaults" or in the case of Asus "Load optimized defaults"

This will set the motherboard settings to a very safe level to ensure the system will boot/be stable.

:)

Solution