Help Please, ASUS mobo, ATHLON cpu

milkguy25

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2003
Im trying to build a system with a Asus a7n8x-vm mobo and an Athlon XP 2500 cpu. After making all the right connections(im pretty sure) I power on and everything starts fine for about 5 or 6 seconds then shuts down. I get no display or beeps, i am very frustrated and i would greatly appreciate anyone who would take the time to give me suggestions on what to do. ive built a system before with no problems, but i dont know whats goin on wwith this one. Any suggestions?

Few things to check

Power Supply at least 300W

CPU heatsink fan plugged into Fan 1

CPU heatsink fan is turning

CPU heatsink fan is sending an RPM signal

<b><font color=purple>Listing your system specs, will greatly aid us, in being able to help you solve your problem.</font color=purple></b>

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Also try reading the first post in this forum and see if any of those solutions help.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

twofruitz

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2003
as far as i know AMD systems do this if the heatsink stops spinning. some mobos dont have the ability to save the CPU if it overheats. the worst case senario would be that uve burnt out your processer. it happened to me last year, same problem