Help please. Computer screen blank after waking up from sleep mode - Intermittent problem

aydterracer2005

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2006
I am looking for some suggestions on how to correct this issue. Occasionally when I attempt to wake up my computer from sleep mode my monitor says it doesn't have a signal. My case fans, lights, etc all come back on but not my graphics/display?

As I stated this is an intermittent issue. My wife is convinced that it only happens when the computer goes to sleep on its own as opposed to us manually putting it to sleep but I'm not sure that's the case. I have a work around that someone told me to try and it does work but is a pain to do. I was told to shutdown the PC and with a screwdriver tap the ends of the 2 pins above above the CMOS battery to act as a reset. Like I said, this does work but I would rather not have to open My case and just have the computer wake up like it is supposed to. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

My specs ( I know they are old in looking to build a new PC but this one works great most of the time for my older games and causal use)

Q6600 CPU
8800GT 512mb GPU
4 GB DDR2 Ram
Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3R LGA 775 Intel P35 ATX Intel Motherboard

aydterracer2005

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2006

Thanks for the quick response. I do have one question though.... My motherboard does not have onboard video so how would that troubleshoot the display problem? Currently when this issue arises everything in my case powers back on just no signal is received by the monitor?