Help please,dummy needs help!!!!!!!!!

claypidgon

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Here is a post I made on another help forum about the problem.
Really a lot of help I think..If this is in the wrong forum I'm sorry. I had a friend build me a new system this weekend.
AMD ATHLON 64 San Diego 4000
MSI K8N NEO2 PLAT
2 Gigs Corsair PC3200
ATI X800XT PE
Audigy2
2X WD Raptor 74gig..nonraid
1 Maxtor
600 watt pw
Windows XP PRO SP2
I'll try to tell you what its doing as best as I can.When I power it on it beeps and then goes thru all of the info screens and then goes to a screen with lot off info.I wont type it all but it starts out with this."We apologize for the inconvenience but windows did not start successfully.A recent hardware or software change may have caused this." It goes on to tell you a lot of things and the option to start in safe mode,safe mode with networking,safemode with command prompt and normal mode.It wont do any of them.
What I was doing just before this happend is I had installed a game and then decided to delete it.I deleted it and rebooted and then the trouble happend.Does anyone have any idea what could have happend?I have system restore turned off.Does it sound like a system problem or could it be a corrupted BIOS?I'm not real computer savy..Hope someone can help....
Today I tried this....
I unplugged the backuo HD and booted from the XPCD.It saw the HD that windows is installed on and gave the option to repair it.I pushed the R key and it went into the repair.When it was done copying the files it said it would reboot and continue with the repair.It rebboted and showed all of the info pages and then just kept rebooting over and over..I tried to reboot from the CD again and when it gets the next age after you push F8 it show a error screen that starts out with Windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer...Any ideas?.... :cry:

BushLin

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
re-install windows, install latest drivers for all your hardware and run a stress test like prime95 to see if your hardware is running ok, do all this before installing anything else. At the moment you don't know if it's a hardware or software problem. If the game was a starforce protected game and you just deleted the files rather than uninstall that may have caused your problem as starforce installs it's own drivers which you may have deleted, can't really specualte much more on what could have happened, you may have faulty cpu/mobo/memory.

claypidgon

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
re-install windows, install latest drivers for all your hardware and run a stress test like prime95 to see if your hardware is running ok, do all this before installing anything else. At the moment you don't know if it's a hardware or software problem. If the game was a starforce protected game and you just deleted the files rather than uninstall that may have caused your problem as starforce installs it's own drivers which you may have deleted, can't really specualte much more on what could have happened, you may have faulty cpu/mobo/memory.

Howdy thanks for takeing the time to answer.The game was COD&CODUO.I unistalled from the add and remove programs in the control panel.I'm not very computer savy,how do I do a fresh install of WINXP and how do I get all of the drivers I need other then video,sound etc???

TRENDING THREADS