help????? please???High end gaming monitor recommendation?

Nov 7, 2018
I was looking for some 1440p 27 size monitors to get. Here is a list I thought were good. , Acer xb271hu, Aoc AG271QG, , viewsonic XG2 703 GS... If you guys have other recommendations please tell me
. I like ips panels because they have the best colors but even ways if anyone can give me other recommendations please answer or give ur experience with what monitor that is 1440p you had. Thanks and have a great day.

my budget is 700 - 800 euros

I have also some links for all these monitors
https://www.skroutz.gr/c/43/othones-...-Sync-IPS.html
are there positives and negatives for these monitors in this link?
https://www.skroutz.gr/s/8666511/Acer-XB271HU.html
https://www.skroutz.gr/s/10553981/AOC-AG271QG.html
https://www.skroutz.gr/s/7770825/Asus-PG279Q.html
https://www.skroutz.gr/s/10264137/Vi...XG2703-GS.html

some people say that Acer-XB271HU is better from all these monitors
some another say that Asus-PG279Q is better
and some another people say that Viewsonic-XG2703 is the best..

i dont know which to buy from all these 4 monitors
so which you suggested me to buy?
some people say that Acer XB271HU; is better from viewsonic and some another people said that acer is better for viewsonic.

for this reason i must know why viewsonic is better from acer;;

for Build quality ,, Styling,,Ghost-free overdrive,, Outstanding all-round image quality;;; Great gaming performance
Overclocking mode with 175Hz refresh rate and Excellent builtin profiles for near perfect calibration;;;; picture quality and performance?? all these things are better from Acer XB271HU;;

can you answere me in all these things please??

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
You links don't work, but I am familiar with most of those and have the PG279Q.

Acer XB271HU is a second generation G-sync monitor. Acer had the XB270HU as the first G-sync "IPS" panel on the market. ASUS followed with the PG279Q and the XB271HU came out at the same time. They use the same LCD panel and G-sync module from Nvidia. Functionally identical, though from what I know and have seen Acer comes out ahead on quality. ASUS's quality policies allow for some truly non-uniform displays to get out in the wild. In the early days there were people returning them in droves, and ASUS was boxing them up and sending them right back out to meet demand.

You can look up backlight bleed and the monitors in question so you get a sense of how bad it can be. But keep in mind those two models have been around a very long time at this point.

That AOC and ViewSonic monitor are very likely also the exact same panel or a slightly later revision. Both appear to have the same G-sync 2.0 module.

So really I think you are picking the monitor you like the look of the most. Should have very similar experiences. Or you can go with the cheapest.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Whichever one you like the look of. Again, pretty sure those have the exact same LCD panel, and by virtue of the stats, have the second generation G-Sync module as the scalar. Only differences are going to be the software, ports, and the general appearance of the monitor.

Not a lot of companies making 27" 144hz VA panels.

Nov 7, 2018
which to buy from these 2? monitors?
Acer XB271HU or https://www.avforums.com/review/viewsonic-xg2703-gs-gam.

WHICH ARE THE POSITIVES AND THE NEGATIVES FROM THESE 2 MONITORS??

thtran6

Upstanding
Oct 2, 2018
honestly I think you should just buy the Dell Alienware AW3417DW monitor.
This monitor is only $100-200 more than the ones you have in mind, but it offers 35'' ultra wide screen, IPS panel, 3440x1440p resolution, and a whopping 120 Hz refresh rate. Personally, I want to say this is the best gaming monitor with the best specs for under 1k usd.

If your budget is above 1k, you might as well consider the acer predator or asus rogue monitors that are 4k and 144 Hz. Both of these remain at roughly $2,000 with little to no price fluctuation, but they are the "strongest" ones on the market right now regarding gaming monitor.

Nov 7, 2018
which to buy from these 2? monitors?

WHICH ARE THE POSITIVES AND THE NEGATIVES FROM THESE 2 MONITORS

Nov 7, 2018
the problem with ultrawide is that the most games dont suport ultra wides

i have seen all the list

i am playing and new games and old games

so for these 2 monitors

which is better?

thtran6

Upstanding
Oct 2, 2018
I would personally go with the Acer Predator. I have owned 3 acer predators monitors in the past, with the last one being the XB271HU and it was indeed an excellent monitor. For 27'' IPS gaming monitor, Acer is the one to go to.
You should also note that not all monitors (same model same brand) are created equal exactly. Some may have more back light bleeding than others. Some may even have dead pixels. However, for the MAJORITY of these acer predator monitors, they are solid.
You may think you see more negative reviews with the XB271HU than the asus or the viewsonic, that is because more people bought the acer predator. Just like how you see many more car accidents than airplane accidents, simply because many people travel by car. This only adds to the notion that the XB271HU is a much sough-after monitor.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
You are asking for pros and cons between two nearly identical monitors. I can't stress it enough, which one would you like sitting on your desk?

Everything thtran6 has brought up has been covered. Acer has the longest history with this type of LCD panel and feature set, ASUS being a close second. From all anecdotal evidence and postings here Acer appears to have the edge in overall build quality when it comes to dead pixels and backlight bleed issues.

The View Sonic uses identical hardware. About the only differences to note might be USB port placement (If that is even a feature you care about, I know I don't, I just use the ports on my computer)

ViewSonic, Dell/Alienware (same company, different divisions), AOC, HP, etc are relative newcomers to the gaming monitor market. That alone should lean you towards Acer.

Personally I don't like the stand on the Acer as it doesn't really match anything else I own. So the View Sonic would get my vote on appearance alone.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
You are overthinking this.

The LCD panels come from the same factory. They are made by AU Optronics. They produce an AVHA LCD panel at 2560x1440p @ 144hz with an LED backlight. This panel is purchased by Acer, ASUS, and others. They also purchase G-sync modules from Nvidia. Aside from the power supply and whatever software/firmware supplied to give the monitor a menu, and the physical appearance, they are the same product.

From people making complaints, mentioning they own it, postings regarding backlight bleed and dead pixels, etc. Quality favors Acer, but as mentioned, Acer has had more of these type of monitor for sale for longer, so there is more information. These newer offerings from different brands, well, not as many people have bought them, complained about them, or praised them.

Now having been around longer Acer are a good customer of AU Optronics, so one could make the assumption they get first pick on the batches of panels produced. I have no evidence this is true, but such relationships are common in manufacturing.

Image quality should be identical. The only things they really have control of is the anti-glare coating and setting the min and max brightness levels and whatever factory calibration they do.

So once again, which one do you like?

Jun 4, 2018
for Build quality ,, Styling,,Ghost-free overdrive,, Outstanding all-round image quality;;; Great gaming performance
Overclocking mode with 175Hz refresh rate and Excellent builtin profiles for near perfect calibration;;;; picture quality and performance?? all these things are better from Acer XB271HU;;

TRENDING THREADS