[SOLVED] Help please! I lost a tiny plastic piece of a good Lenovo laptop

gottogetout

Honorable
Feb 26, 2013
I have a problem which stress me a lot.
I lost this small piece which locks a tiny 6-circuit mini cable in a Lenovo AS100 laptop. See the 3 pictures below, please

I don't know where I could find another one! Nor the name of this tiny plastic thing. is it standard? I guess it is, or may be specific to that laptop?

could you please help me?

I know that I could use adhesive and cardboard, carefully placed, but it s not as clean as with that thing

here are three pictures. you can zoom in.
in the center of the image: the small black piece is the one I lost, and which I did not succeed in replacing on the female part hosting the small tablecloth : Picture 1

the red arrow: the part is no longer there
the green arrow: the tablecloth is still mounted, at the other end, with a white, not black, here, plastic thing : Picture 2

the tablecloth is in good condition. right here. disconnected : Picture 3

And by the way, could you also tell me with what type of tool I can place this kind of tiny piece without ejecting it in the air in the future? some kind of pliers?
which one please
I will order it right away!

thank you so much for your help!

Pascal

Last edited:
Solution
Picture 2 does not seem to be viewable.

In any case, it is unlikely that you can repair the cable.

Contact Lenovo regarding a replacement:

https://www.lenovo.com/us/en/services/

Use the information printed on the cable shown in Picture 3 along with the model number (AS100) and serial number on your laptop to help identify the applicable replacement cable.

As another option, if there is a computer repair store in your area, stop by and ask. Likely that the cable is not a stocked item but they may have salvaged or be able to salvage the cable from another Lenovo laptop.

Ralston18

Titan
Picture 2 does not seem to be viewable.

In any case, it is unlikely that you can repair the cable.

Contact Lenovo regarding a replacement:

https://www.lenovo.com/us/en/services/

Use the information printed on the cable shown in Picture 3 along with the model number (AS100) and serial number on your laptop to help identify the applicable replacement cable.

As another option, if there is a computer repair store in your area, stop by and ask. Likely that the cable is not a stocked item but they may have salvaged or be able to salvage the cable from another Lenovo laptop.

Reactions: Phillip Corcoran
Solution