----> HELP PLEASE!! MY MOUSE IS INSANE!

G

How do I fix the prob with my mouse...It seems to lag every so often and then jump all over the place clicking and [-peep-]...this started to happen after I tryed some 113mhz 128mb of ram...after that the mouse has been going crazy...I have tryed reinstalling it and everything...anyone have any idea on how to fix that?

mbaha

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2001
I think you have the bad ram-mouse problem. See the information goes from your mouse directly to the ram. In fact every stick of ram has a section for storing mouse movement and only mouse movement. You might have a bad mouse sector on your ram or maybe your ram and mouse are not compatible.
Seriously I don’t what it is. Try deleting your mouse and reinstalling the drivers. Or check to see if it is all dirty inside.
mbaha

“Build your own you will love it more”

G

You mean 133mhz right? I get a clicking sound when traveling across the screen when the computer freezes sometimes and is not a mouse problem when it happens. Try checking you mouse connector plug to see it is fully inserted and it right socket, remove ball and clean rollers and ball with alcohol, and reinstall your drivers. Then you can be pretty sure it is not your mouse. If you are using 2 sticks of ram put the new one in slot 1 and other in slot 2. Also try by itself and try old memory alone to see if it stops.

<b><i>"Bad advice is expensive, Good advice is priceless"

dhlucke

Polypheme
1. Clean your mouse. Take it apart and clean it good.

2. Reinstall the drivers. Download new ones. Make sure you have the right drivers.

3. If that doesn't work, you will probably have to overclock your mouse to 266 Mhz and up your memory to 512 MB. Also go and get a 450 W powersupply since the mouse might be pulling too much juice. Also, what size monitor are you using? If you have a monitor larger than 17" you'll probably have to get one of the hubs to plug your mouse into for enhanced driver controls. If all that fails, you might have to get a new pulse core for your CPU. Make sure you wear a flak vest while installing it.

<font color=red>Computers are useless. They can only give you answers.</font color=red>
Pablo Picasso

mbaha

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2001
lol
I am glad this thread got brought back up.
be sure to wear you flak vest!!!

mbaha

“Build your own you will love it more”

machow

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Go with the cheaper way first. Use another mouse and see if it creates the same problem.

------------------
This site is cool.

TRENDING THREADS