Question Help please my pc randomly shuts down and reboots by itself

Sep 5, 2020
Please help, I've been using this PC for almost a year already and I had it assembled before based on the specs my classmate gave me. So here's the deal, it usually works fine sometimes and all but there are times that it shuts down by its own and reboots immediately, I have been dealing with this since the beginning but usually, it doesn't bother me but now that the time had turned against me since we've been doing classes online and I could not have my pc rebooting on its own during class, I decided to ask here. I've seen quite the threads pertaining to my issues but could someone guide me through it in an understandable way (since a lot of terms and issues are too confusing for me since I'm a beginner).

Take note that the problem occurs randomly sometimes I get days without it occurring and sometimes it occurs simultaneously btw here are my pc specs

Processor: AMD A10-7700K Radeon R7, 10 Computer cores 4C+6G 3.40 GHz
Ram: 8GB Ram
System type: 64-bit operating system
Graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750

if I lack information please let me know because I am literally a caveman when it comes to these things, Thank you very much.

There could be several reasons (i.e. can't tell what particular component is faulty or if it's a software issue).

So first - can you describe the shuddown in more detail. Like - does it act like the wall plug is unplugged (like immediately)? Or does it act like it's somehow shutting down from command - like windows does it things before power off ?
Did you get any blue screens or error message at all before shutdown?

I believe your W10 is set up such that all blue screens are not shown.
But since I'm not using W10 myself, I can't give you directions on how to make blue screens appear on errors (sadly google was not helpful either, and if you find an alternative search phrase for "make windows 10 blue screen appear on errors" you may find the directions yourself).
You should be able to find it somewhere around here, but I won't spend time trying to locate it:
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/client-management/troubleshoot-windows-freeze

Can you see any entries in the windows log that may correspond to one such shutdown? And if so please upload (in case there is a software/driver error).

Sep 5, 2020
There could be several reasons (i.e. can't tell what particular component is faulty or if it's a software issue).

So first - can you describe the shuddown in more detail. Like - does it act like the wall plug is unplugged (like immediately)? Or does it act like it's somehow shutting down from command - like windows does it things before power off ?
Did you get any blue screens or error message at all before shutdown?

I believe your W10 is set up such that all blue screens are not shown.
But since I'm not using W10 myself, I can't give you directions on how to make blue screens appear on errors (sadly google was not helpful either, and if you find an alternative search phrase for "make windows 10 blue screen appear on errors" you may find the directions yourself).
You should be able to find it somewhere around here, but I won't spend time trying to locate it:
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/client-management/troubleshoot-windows-freeze

Can you see any entries in the windows log that may correspond to one such shutdown? And if so please upload (in case there is a software/driver error).

okay, so the shutdown was basically just like when the outlet is unplugged then it comes back on in its own again after shutting down, there are no blue screen or error messages. I have a feeling that the electricity could be at fault too since I notice sometimes that when the shutdown happens another gadget of mine also becomes slower but that rarely happens + i have a reason to dismiss this suspicion because my brother's pc is not affected by it at all so it could be my pc, at least that is how I think it is.

I'm also using windows7

the only thing common in every shutdown is I get the choices
  • start on safe mode
  • start with command prompt
  • start normally

and that's it