Help please. New SSD question.

NoobiePC

Reputable
Dec 24, 2014
Hello all,

So. My bud gave me an old CPU (6-6 year old gaming CPU) that at the time he spent considerable money on so I figured it's worth salvaging. His HHD is shot and no longer boots. My idea was to buy a new SSD, install Windows and run it. However, I have none of the drivers for his components already installed.

Suggestions? I understand you can DL the drivers? But how do I get them on the new SSD.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Solution
I somewhat disagree.
Install windows on the SSD, get the network drivers on a USB stick from another PC, then install the rest straight on the system.
I have had one build that did not need the network drivers to access the internet, but my build did.

daveinhampton

Commendable
May 27, 2016
Depends on which and how you're going to install the operating system. If you're installing say, Windows XP, download the video drivers and network card drivers from the manufacturer's website and throw them on a USB. If it's windows 7 or newer just install the OS on the SSD and hope everything sets up correctly.

I somewhat disagree.
Install windows on the SSD, get the network drivers on a USB stick from another PC, then install the rest straight on the system.
I have had one build that did not need the network drivers to access the internet, but my build did.

Solution