Question Help please - Resource and Performance monitor - high CPU usage and poor hardware ratings

jeremy.woolf1

Prominent
Nov 29, 2018
Hi guys, here's my component list. Built it yesterday.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor (£169.98 @ Aria PC)
Motherboard: MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC ATX AM4 Motherboard (£116.96 @ Amazon UK)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory (£65.89 @ CCL Computers)
Storage: ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive (£133.66 @ Amazon UK)
Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Super 6 GB GAMING X Video Card (£245.58 @ More Computers)
Power Supply: Corsair RMx (2018) 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply (£100.98 @ AWD-IT)

I first installed windows yesterday. It seemed to be running fine, but performance monitor was showing an error for "Process taskhostw.exe". Solutions online seemed vague so I decided I must've made a mistake with the driver installations, so instead of troubleshooting, I just re-installed windows and the drivers again (just now).

Now I have the same issue with taskhostw, but also informational warnings on ALL of my hardware.

Notes:
-I've installed the GPU drivers from Nvidia and B450 drivers from AMD's website.
-Task manager doesn't show high CPU consumption, even during the performance tests
-Benchmarks seem fines - https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/23486046
-On the second install of windows and my GPU drivers, Nvidia control panel was strangely missing, but a popup prompted me to download it from the Microsoft store. It's installed now.
-I ran perfmon as I read it's a good way to check over your system

Any ideas!?

Last edited:

jeremy.woolf1

Prominent
Nov 29, 2018
Oh, I forgot to mention - on the first windows install, I did install all the drivers from the motherboard support page. Performance monitor was then also showing an error with a service called "Proset", which is related to the intel LAN network drivers. That error has gone now, as I haven't re-installed that yet (not using LAN anyway). I'm just on wifi using the built in wifi card and windows drivers.

jeremy.woolf1

Prominent
Nov 29, 2018
Still have the high CPU usage from taskhostw. It's not causing any problems right now, but surely it's not right that windows is flagging it as an error?

ASK THE COMMUNITY