Question Help please - Resource and Performance monitor - high CPU usage and poor hardware ratings

jeremy.woolf1

Prominent
Nov 29, 2018
Hi guys, here's my component list. Built it yesterday.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor (£169.98 @ Aria PC)
Motherboard: MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC ATX AM4 Motherboard (£116.96 @ Amazon UK)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory (£65.89 @ CCL Computers)
Storage: ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive (£133.66 @ Amazon UK)
Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Super 6 GB GAMING X Video Card (£245.58 @ More Computers)
Power Supply: Corsair RMx (2018) 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply (£100.98 @ AWD-IT)

I first installed windows yesterday. It seemed to be running fine, but performance monitor was showing an error for "Process taskhostw.exe". Solutions online seemed vague so I decided I must've made a mistake with the driver installations, so instead of troubleshooting, I just re-installed windows and the drivers again (just now).

Now I have the same issue with taskhostw, but also informational warnings on ALL of my hardware.

Notes:
-I've installed the GPU drivers from Nvidia and B450 drivers from AMD's website.
-Task manager doesn't show high CPU consumption, even during the performance tests
-Benchmarks seem fines - https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/23486046
-On the second install of windows and my GPU drivers, Nvidia control panel was strangely missing, but a popup prompted me to download it from the Microsoft store. It's installed now.
-I ran perfmon as I read it's a good way to check over your system

Any ideas!?

Last edited:

jeremy.woolf1

Prominent
Nov 29, 2018
Oh, I forgot to mention - on the first windows install, I did install all the drivers from the motherboard support page. Performance monitor was then also showing an error with a service called "Proset", which is related to the intel LAN network drivers. That error has gone now, as I haven't re-installed that yet (not using LAN anyway). I'm just on wifi using the built in wifi card and windows drivers.