Help! Please. Someone. Case Fans.

Fat_Kitty

Prominent
Jul 18, 2017
I just switched my Dell XPS 8300 to a Rosewill Challenger Case. All fans run, but idle constantly (this includes the gpu I believe). They dont spin up under load. It seems like the temperatures are not being read correctly by the system. Even though Core Temp seemingly picks up the correct temperatures. Ive tried third party apps, but nothing is working. Im desperate. Help.
UPDATE: After further inspection, it appears my motherboard or system is not recognizing the fans correctly. It says, according to the system, that some of the fans are spinning at over 30,000 rpm. Which is quite clearly not true.

Solution

Hmm, this could be a hardware problem then, you should try getting someone to look at it. Its most likely to be something to...

HoboJoe527

Commendable
Jun 10, 2017
Most gpu fans don't spin until they reach a certain temp, as well as some case fans too, but that is unlikely. Try checking you plugged the fan powers correctly in your motherboard. Also try installing monitering apps like cpu-z and gpu-z that can check temperatures. Most programs will display the right temperature for your parts. Try running a game or a stress test and increase the temp of your gpu and see if the fans start to run.

Fat_Kitty

Prominent
Jul 18, 2017

Its not just the gpu. Its all the fans. They all sit at idle, and dont increase speed under load (aka tests). This causes overheating. They're all plugged in correctly.

HoboJoe527

Commendable
Jun 10, 2017

Hmm, this could be a hardware problem then, you should try getting someone to look at it. Its most likely to be something to do with the motherboard or your power supply.

Solution