Question Help please

Jun 3, 2019
This morning i tried to overclock my gigabyte rx 460 4gb but instead of boosting it's performance, It seems to be worse.
Before i got like 250 fps on iw4x (a Cod mw2 mod) with ultra settings and now i got around 55-60 fps with lowest settings.
Did i brake my gpu it its still adjustable? Thank you.

WildCard999

Titan
More then likely it's overheating due to a unstable overclock and is throttling performance to prevent damage to the GPU. In the program you used to overclock the GPU there should be an option to set everything back to default, select that and see if your performance goes back to what it was.

What Overclock values, MHz increment, did you actually apply, including the fan curve and power limit, as applicable ? What's the GPU TEMP value after applying the OC. Reset all the settings to default via MSI afterburner. Are you also getting artifacts while gaming ?

Jun 3, 2019
More then likely it's overheating due to a unstable overclock and is throttling performance to prevent damage to the GPU. In the program you used to overclock the GPU there should be an option to set everything back to default, select that and see if your performance goes back to what it was.
i tried but nothing :(

Jun 3, 2019
What Overclock values, MHz increment, did you actually apply, including the fan curve and power limit, as applicable ? What's the GPU TEMP value after applying the OC. Reset all the settings to default via MSI afterburner. Are you also getting artifacts while gaming ?
I'm not getting artifacts i'm Just getting really low fps like on Heaven benchmark i get 4-5 fps but in theory my card should get around 70.
For the MHz boost i don't Remember correctly but i think that from 1112 i boosted at around 1300-1350

WildCard999

Titan
it stays at a locked 214mhz and the usage was 100% all the time on heaven benchmark low settings dx9 720p... i assume there's some sort of clock lock
Yea there's something wrong as the boost speed should be much higher and is why your getting such poor FPS. Beyond setting everything to default you may need to look up your card specs and manually input them into MSI Afterburner.

What was the max temp when you were playing a game or running the benchmark?

Jun 3, 2019
Yea there's something wrong as the boost speed should be much higher and is why your getting such poor FPS. Beyond setting everything to default you may need to look up your card specs and manually input them into MSI Afterburner.

What was the max temp when you were playing a game or running the benchmark?
30 °C (86 °F)

WildCard999

Titan
30 °C (86 °F)
Ok so the temp is perfectly fine, so yea you need to get the speeds (and check voltage) back to stock on the GPU. It's been awhile since I've used MSI Afterburner and am not on my home PC so I can't talk you through it currently. Try to adjust those values yourself and let me know how it turns out or if there's another option to bring it back to default specs.

Jun 3, 2019
Ok so the temp is perfectly fine, so yea you need to get the speeds (and check voltage) back to stock on the GPU. It's been awhile since I've used MSI Afterburner and am not on my home PC so I can't talk you through it currently. Try to adjust those values yourself and let me know how it turns out or if there's another option to bring it back to default specs.
i'm checking on google and it appears that i'm not the only one with this problem, i will update you. thank you very much for your support man i really appreciate it :)

D

Deleted member 14196

watch the video, he will use msi afterburner. you need to learn this stuff and watch videos dude. learn first, OC later. I never OC, waste of my precious time. I just buy faster hardware that's actually rated for the speeds I need.